When we talk about financing software that can handle all your complex accounting tasks, the first name that comes into the user’s mind is QuickBooks. Earlier, Intuit introduced the QuickBooks Point of Sale application with some extraordinary features. With the help of these features, you can easily maintain inventory management, sales tracking, and information management. However, ensure your system has all the QuickBooks POS hardware requirements to run them smoothly.
It must consist of all the essential peripherals like barcode scanners, receipt printers, and PIN Pads. In this write-up, we have discussed all the basic QuickBooks POS hardware requirements and how to set them up.
Want to know more details about the QuickBooks POS hardware package requirements and how to set it up? Contact us at @+1855-603-0490 and have a one-to-one consultation with our experts for a quick resolution.
Table of Contents
What are the Basic Systems Requirements to set up Intuit QuickBooks POS Hardware?
To run the application smoothly on your operating system, it is must that your device must fulfill the basic system requirements. However, any failure to meet these requirements might lead to installation or issues with the application’s performance.
Furthermore, we have discussed some basic system specifications required to successfully set up the Intuit QuickBooks POS Hardware setup.
1. Operating System:-To run the QuickBooks Point Of Sale application smoothly on your operating system, you must require the following operating systems.
- Windows 10 with 64-bit installed on the device.
- Windows 8.1, having 64-bit storage space.
- It also works smoothly on Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016.
- The QuickBooks POS also works smoothly on the Windows 7 SPI.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, SP2, and Windows Server 2011 SP1.
2. Processor Required:- Processor of up to a minimum of 2GHz (2.8 GHZ recommended) is required for single users. On the other hand, for multiple users, a minimum of 2.8 GHz (3.5 GHZ recommended) is mandatory.
3. Storage Space Required:-The RAM required for the error-free working of the QuickBooks Point of Sale is 4GB, and 8 GB is recommended.
4. Hard-Disk Space Required:-The hard-disk space that is required for QuickBooks Desktop POS is up to 1 GB.
Which are the QuickBooks POS Hardware Components that are supported currently?
Below, we have elaborated on the hardware supporting the newly launched QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale editions. Have a quick look at them.
- Barcode Scanners:-The barcode scanners required for QuickBooks POS are Zebra DS2208 (wired) and Zebra DS2278 (wireless).
- Cash Drawers:-Cash Drawers supported by the POS in QuickBooks are Star 13 X 13, Star 16 X 16, and mPOP 2.
- PINPads:-Ingenico Tetra Lane 5000 and Ingenico IPP350 work well with this accounting solution.
- Pole Display:-The Pole Display that is required for the QuickBooks Point Of Sale application are Logic Controls LD-99 and POSX XP8200.
- Physical Inventory Scanners:-The users must have a Cipherlab 8000/8001 physical inventory scanner on their devices.
- Receipt Printer:-You must have a Star TSP 100 ECO receipt printer.
- Tag Printer:-Zebra ZD410 is the Tag printer which is supported by the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale hardware.
- Card Swipe:-Magtek 21040110 is the card swipe that works well with the POS application.
What is the Hardware that is previously supported with QuickBooks POS?
Now, we have discussed the hardware previously supported with the QuickBooks POS application. But, these software are not supported with the QuickBooks Hardware Rapid Replacement Program. Apart from this, the customer support facility is also unavailable for this hardware.
- Receipt Printer:-Citizen CT- S300, Citizen CT-S100, Dell T200, Epson TM88II, Epson TM88III, Epson TM88IV, Dell T200, HP Laser Jet4200 PCL 6 and Star TSP600.
- Barcode Scanners:-Honeywell Voyager 1202g (wireless), Honeywell 1300G (wired), HHPImageteam 3800LR, and HHP 3820 Cordless Linear Imager.
- Pole Displays:-Logic Controls LD9000, Partner Tech CD7220, and Logic Controls PD3000.
- Physical Inventory Scanners:-Metrologic SP5500
- Cash Drawers:- MMF Val-u-Line, APG T371- DG1616 (Use with Dell T200 printer), Star TSP 100 ECO and APG T371- BL16195.
- Tag Printers:-Zebra LP2824P and Zebra LP2844.
What are the Stepwise Instructions to Setup QuickBooks POS Compatible Hardware?
The QuickBooks Desktop Point of Application comes with many drivers that work smoothly with the supported compatible hardware. Moreover, once you install these drivers on your system, it will eventually identify new devices when connected.
Stage 1: Get the Hardware Driver Installed
Below, we have listed some devices requiring driver installation before you link to the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. However, if you don’t operate any of the following devices, go to the next stage.
- Pinpad:- Ingenico Tetra Lane 5000
- Pole Display:– Logic Controls 9900, POSX XP8200
- Receipt Printer:- Start TSP 100, Star mPOP 2-in-1.
- Physical Inventory Scanner:- Cipherlab 8000/8001
- Tag Printer:- Zebra ZD410
Instructions to Install the Driver Smoothly on Your Device
Below, we have described the proper set of instructions to install the driver successfully.
- Firstly, you must hit the Windows key on your keyboard and write down “File Explorer” within the search panel.
- As a result, it will redirect you to the File Explorer window on your screen.
- Afterward, head towards the QuickBooks Point Of Sale folder. To find the folder, you must navigate to the following path “C: >> Program Files (X86) >> Intuit >> QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale XX.0 >> Drivers”. Here, in this path, the XX.0 denotes the QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale version.
- Now, you must move to the folder of the driver that you wish to install on your device.
- Furthermore, you must run the file named“.exe” for the driver.
- End the entire process by applying the instructions displayed on the screen to install the driver successfully.
Stage 2: Setting Up Of the Hardware In QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale
Once you have successfully installed the driver on your device, you must set up the hardware in QBDT Point Of Sale. To do so, you must carry on with the stepwise instructions explained below attentively.
- In the beginning, move to the File menu and pick the option that says, “Hardware Setup Wizard”.
- Now, you must choose the type of hardware you wish to connect with and click Next to proceed.
- Ultimately, you must act according to the instructions given on the screen to connect, set up, and test your hardware.
What is the Significance of QuickBooks POS Hardware Bundle?
The QuickBooks POS Hardware bundle helps the business streamline the business accounting tasks. However, there are numerous advantages of accessing QuickBooks POS Hardware, listed below.
1. Helps in Enhancing Productivity:-
The QuickBooks POS software eliminates the need to manually keep track of sales and transaction processes. Thus, it would eventually lead to an increase in overall business productivity.
2. Cut Down the Cost:-
Now, the time has gone when you have to pay a lot of people to handle your business accounting task manually. This is so because, with QuickBooks POS, you can handle all your accounting tasks without needing a person. As a result, it will automatically cut down the cost of paying the workers you appoint to handle tasks manually.
3. Inventory Management Becomes Easier:-
With the upcoming QuickBooks POS, you don’t have to keep track record of inventory management. You can use this accounting software to track all the inventory and notifies you when the stock is to be restocked.
4. Enhances the Accuracy:-
Now, you can easily process sales and transactions accurately with the help of QuickBooks POS.
In a Nutshell!!
We assure you that this write-up would have helped you to meet the QuickBooks POS Hardware requirements. However, if still, you are facing any challenges while using the QuickBooks POS software. In that scenario, stop wasting your time and consult with our professionals via live chat or email support. Our highly-trained experts will guide you in the best possible manner to get your issue resolved instantly.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q1. What are the different tablets which are supported with QuickBooks POS?
Ans. Below, we have discussed different tablets which work well with the QuickBooks POS.
- Microsoft Surface Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro
- Microsoft Surface Go
- Acer Switch
Q2. What can we do to rectify QuickBooks POS hardware components?
Ans. To resolve the QuickBooks POS Hardware component issues, apply the steps below.
- Look for the latest driver or software updates.
- Confirm that all the hardware components are installed properly.
- Try relaunching your hardware components to rectify the temporary issues.
Q3. Do the QuickBooks POS Hardware components support other POS software?
Ans. QuickBooks POS Hardware components are well-designed to run smoothly with the accounting software. But, when it comes to compatibility, it may vary according to the system software and hardware combination. Therefore, looking at whether the system requirements are suitable to run on your operating device is mandatory.