QuickBooks is feature-packed software preferred by entrepreneurs all across the globe. One of its features is QuickBooks Print and PDF. However, while using this feature, like at the time of printing PDFs, invoices, and checks, QuickBooks users might encounter specific issues. Sometimes, fixing the PDF and Print problems might be tricky for the users. To resolve the printing issues immediately, you must dial the QuickBooks technical support number to remove them.
What are Common QuickBooks Printing Issues?
QuickBooks accounting tool can fix many of the common errors and glitches with QuickBooks. Sometimes, the errors appear due to the incorrect settings of the QuickBooks Desktop or other failure of any Microsoft component. A few other mistakes that can be resolved by using this tool are listed below:
The issue associated with the currently selected printer is the Microsoft XPS document writer on the XPS port.
- In case when QuickBooks is not responding.
- When the QuickBooks user is unable to print invoices, reports, or checks.
- If, by any chance, the printer stops responding
- In case the PDF converter shows offline
- When the errors occur stating, QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component
- When the device is not ready
- In case the user is unable to print directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter
- If the user is unable to save as .pdf file
- In case of an unrecoverable error
- Error 1722 or 1801 is encountered while installing PDF Converter
- Problems associated with printing transactions or reports.
What Are the Reasons Behind QuickBooks Print Repair Tool?
There can be plenty of factors that might cause QuickBooks PDF and Print issues, a few of which are mentioned below:
- A PDF file is lost
- PDF converter not connected properly
- Another reason causing the issue can be if the framework is unable to communicate with the printer
- The same error can be faced when an arranged network is unavailable
- The user can also encounter PDF and print issues if the printer programming isn’t introduced adequately
- If a non-working print driver host is present, the problem is probable to occur
- Another reason can be outdated QuickBooks software
Steps to Fix Printing Issues with QuickBooks Print Repair Tool
Before opting for the practical solutions, it is essential to look at some pointers required to be considered. So let us check out those points:
The very first thing is that the user will have to check whether the printer is turned on adequately or not.
After that, the user can check whether the printer can print from some other program or not. In case it does it work properly, then the problem might not be with QuickBooks.
The user should also try restarting the system, as it can resolve the issue.
The user might also see Windows Error dialogue or QuickBooks error dialogue, along with printer error dialogue
Sometimes, the user can print reports but will not be able to print transactions. To fix this, the user can try changing the template of the form. However, it should be noted that the corrupted templates can’t get repaired, which makes it necessary to try other templates.
Solution – 1 Run the QuickBooks print and print repair tool from the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Download and install the QuickBooks tool hub
- Use QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair tool from the tool hub
- Tap on the Program Problems option that will show in the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Choose QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool, which might take a minute or two to run.
Solution – 2 Another Method is to reset your temp folder permissions
This solution majorly consists of two steps are:
The first step is to reset the temp folder permissions
- To start with, the user must tap on the Windows key + R keys simultaneously to open the Run command.
- The next step is to write the enter %TEMP%, followed by hitting Enter key.
- Now right-click the empty area of the temp folder, and then select the option of Properties.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Ensure that all the usernames and groups displayed on the Security tab have Full Control.
- When the permissions have been set to Full Control, then try to Save as PDF.
The second step is ensuring your confirmation that you can print to your XPS
- First of all, the user is required to open the Notepad.
- Moving forward, writing anything for testing purposes.
- Now, visit the file and then click on the Print option.
- The user needs to choose the XPS Document Writer option then and choose the print.
- Now, pick the option of Desktop from the to save as dialogue box.
- Lastly, navigate to the Desktop and find out whether you can view the XPS document that you have printed from your Notepad or not.
After going through the above solutions, call the QuickBooks technical support number to fix them quickly if you can’t rectify the printing issues.