Quicken CC 501 error is a most common Quicken error which generally arises when the user tries to update the Quicken account or while downloading new transactions in Quicken. Apart from that, when Quicken cannot sync with the bank, it can lead to the Quicken error CC-501.
If are also facing the Quicken error CC-501 while working on the software and looking about the solutions to get the error resolved, then this blog will be important for you. In this blog post, we are going to provide you with all the information about the error and how to get the error resolved. So, stay tuned till the end of the blog to this error resolved.
Possible Reasons Behind Quicken Error CC-501
The possible reasons which are confronting the Quicken error CC-501 are as follows.
• The Quicken software has not been completely downloaded or installed.
• When you have not confirmed the bank login credentials.
• Virus or malware threats can also be a reason why the problem arises.
• When you are using an outdated version of the Quicken software.
• Temporarily server issues can also be a reason behind this problem.
• Unwanted junk files can also cause some lags in your PC.
How to Identify Quicken Error CC-501?
Let’s look at the symptoms through which you can easily identify the Quicken error CC-501.
• A pop-up display message appears on the screen displaying Quicken error code CC-501.
• When the Quicken software is not opening.
• All the running applications suddenly shut down automatically.
• PC’s window is crashing simultaneously.
• The mouse and keyboard are not responding to the commands provided by the user.
• Your PC is hanging simultaneously.
Also Read – Quicken Download Error 102
Basic Steps To Follow Before Fixing Quicken Error CC-501
Before you directly jump on to the solutions for resolving the error, below we have provided you some tips that you must follow.
Create a Backup of the Quicken Data File
We strongly recommend you keeping a backup of the data file, so that in case any of the steps go against the desired results; then your data will be safe and secure. Below are the steps you can follow to create a backup of the Quicken data file.
- The first step is to run the Quicken software.
- Thereon, navigate to the “Backup and Restore”> “Backup Quicken File.”
- At last, click on the “Back Up Now” option.
You have now successfully created a backup file of Quicken.
Prevent the Transactions Entering into Register Automatically
This step will help you prevent duplicate entries in the registered account and disallows the transactions entering the register automatically.
To get this done, follow these given steps.
- Initially, launch the Quicken software.
- Thereon, navigate to the “Edit”> “Preferences” option.
- Moving ahead, select the “Download Transactions” option.
- Now, uncheck the box against the “Automatically Add to Banking Register” option.
- At last, end this process by clicking on the “OK” option.
Once you are done with these basic steps, let’s look at the solutions that can be implemented to resolve this problem.
Note: Avail a quick solution for resolving the error by calling our professional experts.
Quick Solutions to Fix Quicken Error CC-501
Given below are the tried and tested solutions that you can follow step by step to resolve the Quicken error CC-501.
Solution 1. Download the New Updates of Quicken Software
The first recommended solution for resolving the error is to update the Quicken software to the latest release. Sometimes, using the outdated version of an application can even lead to the occurrence of many unwanted errors and problems. So, here are the steps that you can follow to download new updates of the Quicken software.
- First of all, launch the Quicken software on your device.
- Next, click on the “Help” menu on the home page.
- Thereon, click on the “Check For Updates” option.
- If the new updates are available, then you will be able to see the “Install the Latest Updates” option.
- Click on the same option and then click on the “Yes” option to download the latest updates.
- Thereon, downloading process will commence on your screen.
- Once the downloading ends, then close the Quicken software and launch it again.
After performing the above steps, verify whether this method has helped you resolve the Quicken error CC-501. If you are still noticing the error, then try the next solution.
Solution 2. Delete the Junk Files From PC
If your PC’s storage is filled with junk files, it can delay your PC’s performance speed. In such a scenario, permanently deleting the junk files can result in getting the error resolved. So, here are the steps that you can follow to delete the junk files in your system.
- Firstly, launch the windows run command on your PC by pressing the “Windows + R” keys together.
- Thereon, type “cleanmgr” in the search box and then click on the “OK” option.
- Under the new window, select all the files by pressing the “Ctrl + A” keys together.
- After that, delete all the files permanently, by pressing the “Shift + Delete” keys together.
Once you have deleted the junk files from your system, then examine if the Quicken error CC-501 has been fixed or not. If you are still facing the error, then jump to the next solution.
Solution 3. Refresh the Bank Account in Quicken
Below are the steps you can follow to refresh the bank account in Quicken software.
- On the Quicken home page, click on the “My Account” option available on the right side of the screen.
- Thereon, under the options list, click on the “Update Now” option. For a shortcut, you can press the “Ctrl + Alt + U” keys together to navigate to the update page.
- After that, you must provide the Quicken login ID and password in the insert fields.
- Now, click on the “Update Now” option.
Thereon, check if the Quicken error CC-501 has been fixed or not. If this method does not bring results for you, then proceed further with the next solution.
Solution 4. Deactivate and Reactivate The Quicken Account
Deactivating the Account:
- Firstly, go to the account tools and open the account list by pressing the “Ctrl + A” keys together.
- After that, click on the “Edit” option, which displays the error code.
- Next, click on the “Online Services” option.
- Now, click on the “Deactivate” option.
- At last, click on the “Yes”> “OK”> “Done” option.
Reactivating the Account:
- Go to the tools page on the Quicken software.
- Then, open the account list and click on the “Edit” option.
- Moving ahead, select the “Online Services” option and then click on the “Set Up Now” option.
- Next, provide the bank login information and save the password.
- Followed by the above steps, click on the “Connect” option.
- At last, save the changes by clicking on the “Next” > “Finish” option.
After you have have successfully reactivated the Quicken account, then restart the Quicken software and examine if the Quicken error CC-501 has been eliminated or not.
Solution 5. Updating the Quicken Account Status
Here are the steps you can follow to update the Quicken account status.
- First of all, navigate to the tools menu settings.
- Thereon, click on the “Online Centre” option.
- After that, verify the banking transactions under the transactions list.
- Now, search for the listed transactions and complete the online updating process.
- Moving ahead, reconcile the banking accounts and verify whether or not the flag icon next to the account is available.
- In case, if the flag icon disappears, then it indicates that the Quicken error CC-501 has been resolved.
Solution 6. Delete and Reinstall the Quicken Software
At this stage, even after following all the solutions mentioned above, if the Quicken Error CC-501 is still present, then reinstalling the software can be a solution for getting the error resolved. For doing that, given below are the steps that you can follow to reinstall the Quicken software on your PC.
- Firstly, press the “Windows + R” keys together to open the windows run command.
- Thereon, type “appwiz.cpl” in the insert box and then click on the “OK” option.
- Under the application manager page, select the “Quicken” application and then click on the “Uninstall” option.
- This step will delete all the local temporary files with the software.
- Once you have uninstalled the application, download the Quicken application again from the official website of Quicken.
- Use your previous login credentials to log in to your account.
Once you have logged in to your account, verify the presence of the Quicken error CC-501. After following all the solutions mentioned above, the error must be resolved at this stage.
In this write-up, we have provided you with six different tried and tested solutions that you can follow to resolve the Quicken Error CC-501. If, even after following the methods, you can reach out to us through the chat box if you are still facing problems. You can also write us your query through mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experienced Quicken experts are available 24*7 for 365 days at the help center to assist you.