Are you stuck with QuickBooks Error 6094 and need to know the simple ways to tackle it? If that’s the scenario, you have arrived at the right spot. Users might confront QuickBooks Error 6094 when antivirus software interrupts access to the application. Whenever the user encounters this error, you will be presented with the following error message stating:
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094, 0)”.
Continue reading this entire post to understand about the root causes behind Error 6094 in QuickBooks. Alongside, we have also described the troubleshooting methods to rectify the issue.
Are you facing difficulty while fixing QuickBooks Error 6094 and need expert’s assistance? Dial Helpline Number @ +1-855-603-0490 and get simple solutions to deal with this problem.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 15107
Table of Contents
Why Are You Facing QuickBooks Error Code 6094?
The users might encounter QuickBooks Error 6094 due to plenty of reasons. Therefore, knowing about all such causes is essential to tackle the issue instantly. Below we have discussed all the factors that may trigger this issue.
- You might discover that the antivirus application prevents QuickBooks from accessing the database server.
- Another reason may be updates on the security programs.
- Sometimes, the users might lead to QuickBooks Company File Error 6094 while launching QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
How Can You Detect Error 6094 in QuickBooks?
Here, we have provided you with the signs and symptoms using which you can easily detect QuickBooks Error 6094.
- You might experience that the screen continues loading when you tap on a button or tab.
- Getting issues while attempting to update the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Windows begin to crash and may fail to restart.
- Sometimes, due to this error, users won’t be able to access their data file.
- Users might notice a frequent failures in QuickBooks Desktop.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Simple Tricks to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 6094 Seamlessly
After knowing the origins and symptoms that lead to QuickBooks Error Code 6094, proceed further with the troubleshooting part. Below we have stated some of the best possible approaches to eradicate the issue.
Verify that you are accessing the advanced version of the antivirus software.
You must try to restore the files named qbdmgr.exe and qbdbmgrn.exe from the virus vault or quarantine.
Put the restrictions on QuickBooks Desktop Directory from being scanned. To do so, you must impose exceptions on your antivirus software by implementing the steps below:-
3.1. For the Users Accessing PC Tools Internet Security
- Follow the instructions to regenerate “infections” that have been quarantined.
- Initially, move to the Settings menu and opt for Quarantine.
- Now, pick the essential items that you wish to restore. Later on, select the highlighted Restore option.
- Next, click Yes, followed by the OK option to end the process.
- Afterwards, you must generate the exception to avoid QuickBooks from being scanned.
- In the first stage, choose the PC Tools Internet Security menu.
- Next, opt for the highlighted Settings option.
- Finally, hit the OK option to end the process.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
3.2. For the Users Accessing AVG Antivirus
- Implement the following steps to avoid the QuickBooks directory from being scanned.
- Exit the QuickBooks Desktop and then launch the AVG Antivirus User Interface.
- After that, tap on the Resident Shield twice and opt for the Manage Exceptions.
- Next, select the Add Path option and then insert the following path: “C: >> Program Files >> Intuit.
- In the end, hit the OK option and then Save Changes.
- Go through these instructions to see whether any QuickBooks files are quarantined.
- Firstly, launch the AVG Antivirus User Interface and opt for the History option.
- Select the Virus Vault option and browse if any QuickBooks files are quarantined.
- You have to pick the required files as per your suitability and tap on Restore and Close.
- Finally, try to launch the QuickBooks Desktop once again.
- Read the pointers below to verify the renamed files within the Installation Directory.
- In the initial stage, shut down the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Browse for the C: > Program Files > Intuit > QuickBooks folder for any files in the renamed install directory.
- Now, change the name of the file back to its original name.
- Lastly, launch the QuickBooks Desktop again and verify if the issue persists.
3.3. Users of SpyHunter Malware Software
- Use the step-by-step instructions written below to discard QuickBooks from the blocked processes.
- Open the SpyHunter application and then select the highlighted System Guard option.
- Head towards the User-Added tab and browse for the QuickBooks files from the available lists of options.
- If you get any QuickBooks file from the list, fix its status to Allowed.
- On the other hand, if you won’t get any QuickBooks files below the User-Added tab, go back and verify PUP.
- Moreover, if any of the QuickBooks files are blocked beneath PUP, set the status to Allowed in that scenario.
Winding It Up!!
Getting QuickBooks Error 6094 might get frustrating as it prevents users from accessing the data file. Therefore, to continue with your ongoing task, it is essential to troubleshoot this error using the solutions explained in this post. Furthermore, if you are hunting for any expert help, you can connect with them through live chat and resolve your query.