Are you facing issues with QuickBooks error PS033 while updating your QuickBooks payroll processes? If yes, don’t worry! You’re not alone in this. Thousands of daily QuickBooks users encounter this error, leading to damaged CPS folders and security patch issues. Eventually, users also fail to access the improved payroll features. If you’re also struggling with such problems, continue finding the proven solutions in this blog to fix the error.
QuickBooks payroll errors are disturbing enough for daily users. If you need professional help to get rid of such problems, just ring us anytime anywhere.
This blog post will discuss everything related to the error, including why it occurs, what signs it shows to the users, and the necessary ways to troubleshoot the same. Let’s begin!
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Error PS033 – What’s the Issue All About?
Due to the damaged CPS folder, users may face QuickBooks error PS033, a payroll update error preventing users from downloading the latest payroll updates. QuickBooks users, at the time of the error attack, notice a message stating, “QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. [Error PS033].” In this message, you can see the Help option that will take you to the support page for finding the required troubleshooting solutions.
To permanently eliminate this error, it’s better to first understand its major causes. So, continue reading.
What Reasons Can Be Responsible For QuickBooks Error Code PS033?
Apart from the damaged file in your “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS” folder, the following factors can also give rise to the how to fix QuickBooks payroll update error ps033 Take a look and proceed with troubleshooting accordingly:
- If your QuickBooks payroll subscription is inactive, you may fail to update your QuickBooks payroll services.
- Another reason for facing this payroll error is the enabled UAC (User Account Control) settings.
- An outdated QuickBooks application is the major cause of many QuickBooks errors, and so is the QuickBooks error PS033.
- You may receive the QuickBooks payroll error message PS033 if your internet connection settings are poorly configured.
- The incorrect EIN (Employee Identification Number) is a notable factor in inviting the QuickBooks payroll update error PS033.
- If your Windows operating system and QuickBooks payroll application are incompatible with each other, you may face issues while updating payroll services.
- The background running Windows programs can also hamper the download process of your QuickBooks payroll’s latest updates.
- The incorrect or invalid payroll service key is also one of the main reasons for encountering the QuickBooks error code PS033 message.
How Can Users Notice the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033?
The following signs can help you notice the payroll error PS033 in QuickBooks and be prepared accordingly. Take a look to catch the error in your system:
- Slow, sluggish, or no response from Windows commands is one of the prominent signs of the error.
- Fluctuations and crashing of the QuickBooks payroll update process are also signs of the payroll error.
- If you notice issues while accessing your company’s employee information, it’s due to the payroll error PS033 attack in your QuickBooks application.
- Continuous flashing of QuickBooks payroll error PS033 message on your screen while updating payroll services is also a notable sign of the issue.
- Another sign for noticing this payroll error is your QuickBooks programs’ freezing, lagging, or slow performance.
Quick Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033
So, as we have learned about all the possible reasons and signs of the payroll error, now it’s time to take the following actions and rectify the error permanently. Carefully follow all the instructions given with each method to eliminate the annoying QuickBooks payroll error PS033 successfully:
Troubleshooting Solution 1 – Modify your CPS Folder Name
As you already know, the damaged CPS folder can be a key reason for facing issues while updating QuickBooks payroll processes. So, follow the instructions and try to rename the folder:
- Firstly, shut down your QuickBooks and other background-running Windows programs.
- Now, navigate to the C:\ Program Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks 20XX\ Components\ Payroll\ CPS folder location.
- Here, right-click the CPS folder and select the Rename alternative from the appeared drop-down list.
- Rename the old folder name by CPSGHJ, and hit the Enter button to save this new CPS folder name.
- Once done with this, reopen your QuickBooks application, try to update payroll services, and if the QuickBooks error ps033 and keeps shutting down message still appears, check the next method.
Troubleshooting Solution 2 – Get the Latest QuickBooks Payroll Application
An outdated application is the reason for many technical errors, and so is the case with the QuickBooks application. Thus, perform the given method and try to update your QuickBooks payroll application to avoid payroll errors.
- Firstly, you must close your QuickBooks program and its related company files to begin the process.
- In the next step, move to your Desktop and right-click the QuickBooks program icon.
- Now, hit the Run as administrator option and then go to the Help menu.
- Here, you must select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option, go to the Options tab, select the Mark All option, and then click the Save button to save your changes.
- Once done, hit the Update Now tab and tick-mark Reset Updates box. After this, select the Get Updates button and wait until the Update process ends.
- Is it over? Now, close your QuickBooks application, open it again, and hit the Yes button to begin the installation of the QuickBooks latest updates.
- Once the installation is successful, restart your computer system and try to download the QuickBooks payroll updates again. Perform the next method if the QuickBooks payroll error PS033 still hampers the update process.
Troubleshooting Solution 3 – Try to Download the Payroll Updates in Windows Safe Mode
Running update processes in Windows Safe Mode is highly recommended. It’s because Windows Safe Mode allows users to complete their download and update processes with no interruption or error interference. Thus, you can try this for updating your QuickBooks payroll services as well. For this:
- Close the running QuickBooks application and its related opened windows. After this, press and hold the Shift key simultaneously by pressing the Power button.
- Now, hit the Restart button and go to the Choose an Option screen tab, where you must click the Troubleshoot option.
- Furthermore, hit the Advanced alternative and choose the Startup Settings alternative.
- Here, click the Restart button and open your computer system in Windows Safe Mode.
- Finally, try to download the latest payroll updates, and if it helps, restart your computer system back to the Windows normal mode and download the payroll updates again.
What’s the Crux?
So, here, by the end of this blog post, we hope you have learned enough about the QuickBooks error PS033 or ps033 error in QuickBooks desktop. Now, there is no need to dig into the payroll update issues anymore. Just perform the given methods above in the post and avoid all the potential payroll errors. If you face any issues while troubleshooting the error, you can connect with us via the available Live Chat Support facility.
A1: The QuickBooks error PS033 is a payroll update error that hampers the download process of the latest QuickBooks payroll services.
A2: By taking the following actions, users can troubleshoot the QuickBooks payroll error PS033:
- By updating the QuickBooks application
- By renaming the CPS folder
- Also, by fixing data damage issues using the QuickBooks Rebuild and Verify data utilities.
A3: You can notice the following signs to learn about the attack of error PS033 in your QuickBooks application:
- Slow and sluggish Windows program performance
- The repeated flashing of the “QuickBooks can’t read payroll setup files” error message
- Freezing or crashing of the QuickBooks payroll update screen.
A4: Make sure your QuickBooks payroll application is updated to the latest releases and the product subscription is active.
Q5: What should I do if the solutions mentioned above in the blog fail to help me fix the QuickBooks PS033 error?
A5: Don’t worry! You can either directly contact us anytime or connect with our QuickBooks technicians via Live Chat Support for further help.