QuickBooks error 12038 is one of the update issues that can show up when updating the QuickBooks application. Downloading the latest versions of the program enables users to reap the benefits of the improved features and remain error-free. It is crucial to update QuickBooks on a regular basis.
However, issues such as QuickBooks error code can prevent users from updating the program. In such a case, you need to look for potential reasons and run suitable tools or features to eliminate the error. Read this post until the end and follow the explained procedures to eliminate the QuickBooks error 12038.
Need a professional to help you with QuickBooks error 12038? Connect with one by dialing our QuickBooks error helpline number – 1-855-603-0490.
Recent Post – Resolve QuickBooks Error 6138
Table of Contents
What Does QuickBooks Error 12038 Mean?
QuickBooks error 12038 can take place due to a multitude of possible reasons. When the error occurs, you will see a warning message about the same with the text
QuickBooks Error 12038: Failed to download the update.
The error message can crop up abruptly, and you may not be able to complete the update process. Inaccurate date and time can be one of the main reasons behind this error. Before discussing the troubleshooting solutions, let’s discuss the possible reasons.
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind The QuickBooks Update Error 12038?
QuickBooks error 12038 can take place due to multiple factors stated in the below-given list:
- The date and time on your computer are not set right.
- QuickBooks is unable to identify your Internet service, or the Internet is unstable.
- The Firewall is blocking QuickBooks from accessing the executable file.
- If you are using the various instances of the QuickBooks on your device.
Also Read – How to Update QuickBooks to Latest Release 2023
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 12038
If you want to determine the arrival of the error 12038 in QuickBooks, the below-given symptoms can help:
- When the error occurs, you will see an error message on your screen with the error code 12038.
- An ongoing update process will be hindered by the error message.
- You may not be able to reap the benefits of the improved program features.
- The program or Windows OS may not act normally.
Things To Consider Before Fixing QuickBooks Desktop Error 12038
For a smooth and unhindered installation of the QuickBooks application, you need to consider the below-given points:
- If you have a download accelerator installed on your device, disable them before you download the latest QuickBooks updates.
- Make sure that you are connected to a strong and stable Internet in order to download the updates.
- If parental control is enabled on your web browser, disable it before you proceed any further with the update process.
- Create a backup of your company file and move ahead safely.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 1646
Solutions To Eradicate QuickBooks Error 12038
Some handy solutions to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 12038 are explained below. Follow the steps carefully:
Solution 1: Correct Your System’s Date & Time
First things first, make sure that the date and time are correctly configured on your device:
- Quit the QuickBooks program and go to your Desktop’s home screen.
- Now move your mouse cursor to the bottom-right corner to the date and time icon.
- Right-click on the same icon and then select “Adjust Date and time” from the available options.
- Using this option, you need to set the correct date and time according to your time zone.
- Save the changes you have made and close the Windows.
- Open QuickBooks once you are done and try to download a maintenance release again.
Solution 2: Make Sure That You Have A Stable Internet Connection
Make sure that the Internet connection required to complete the update process is stable. Below are the steps:
- Close QuickBooks and open your Internet browser.
- Next, go to the Chase banking website and verify if you are able to access the page without any issues.
- On getting issues, connect with your Internet service provider to get the issue resolved. Alternatively, you can perform the below-listed steps:
- When in the QuickBooks Desktop application, click on the Help button.
- It will show up a list of options, wherein you need to click Internet Connection Setup.
- Select the “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet” option next.
- Now go to the Advanced Connection Settings after clicking the Next button.
- Here, you will have to choose the Restore Advanced Settings option.
- Click the OK button and then Done.
- Try updating QuickBooks to check if the error code 12038 is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks Manually On Receiving The Error
If the QuickBooks error 12038 is not fixed by the given solutions, you need to get it done manually:
- Click on Windows and go to Search Panel.
- Type QuickBooks Desktop within the option and right-click on the QBDT option.
- Now select Run as Administrator and wait for the No Company Open Windows to pop up on your screen.
- Next, click the Help button and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Options section and hit Mark All.
- Click the Save button and then Update Now.
- Tick mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- In the end, click on Get Updates and install them in QuickBooks Desktop.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1926
In The End!
Implementing the solutions explained in this post can help you troubleshoot QuickBooks error 12038. Perform the solutions with the utmost care and if you are not sure about anything, get in touch with our expert professionals. You may choose to chat or email us for a callback.