Restart your system if you have faced error codes on your computer. It is the first step that you should implement to eliminate problems from your system. Similarly, restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to remove all issues encountered in QuickBooks server. The process of resuming is done on a system that has stored company files. The system is called Servers.
After installing QuickBooks software in your system, you have to install two programs that are QBDBSM (QuickBooks Database Server Manager) and QuickBooks Desktop Program. Either install only QBDBSM or QuickBooks Desktop Program.
Suppose you have installed QuickBooks Desktop Program in your system, QBDBSM will install and run automatically. If QBDBSM is installed, then you should run other programs manually.
Why Does QBDBMgrN not Running in Server Error Take Place?
Various causes can be behind this error code. Few of these are discussed below.
- An error occurs because of QuickBooks updated version.
- A firewall prevents internet access for repairing company files through the QuickBooks file doctor.
- QuickBooks File doctor, a repair tool, is not configured with the firewall of the system.
Before moving to any solution, you must know about the causes responsible for this error. As you have identified the reasons, you can remove all the above causes by changing the firewall settings manually.
Steps to Repair QBDBMGRN Not Running in this Computer Server Error
Follow the troubleshooting methods to eliminate QBDBMGRN Not Running in this Computer Server Error in QB Desktop.
Solution – 1 If Server Hosted Installed QuickBooks Programs
- Open ‘QuickBooks’ on the server
- Next, open or ‘Restore Company’ in the ‘File’ menu
- Choose the option ‘Open a Company File’ followed by ‘Next’
- Look the company file and then choose it
- In multi-user mode, choose the ‘Open File’ and then select ‘Open’
- Login the ‘Company File’ with a valid username and password
- Choose the ‘File’ and then close the ‘Company’.
Solution – 2 If the Server Hosted Installed QBDBSM
- Choose the ‘Start’ or ‘Windows’ tab
- Select the ‘Control Panel’ option
- Press double-click on the ‘Administrative Services’ with pressing double-click on ‘Services’
- Do a right-click on the required or correct data manager
- QuickBooksDB28 (2018)
- QuickBooksDB27 (2017)
- QuickBooksDB26 (2016)
Solution – 3 If QBDBSM is Not Working
Restart the server and follow the above steps to remove this error. After following the above steps, if the server is not working, go through the repairing methods mentioned below.
Method – 1 Repair QuickBooks on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10
- Close all the programs that are preventing QuickBooks to start and reboot the system. Then, create the backup of the company file.
- Choose the ‘Start’ or ‘Windows’ button and then, ‘Control Panel’
- In Windows 8 & 8.1
- Tap the ‘Start’ or ‘Windows’ tab
- Open the ‘Search’ option
- Type the ‘Control Panel in the Search box
- Finally, choose the ‘Control Panel’.
- Choose the option ‘Programs and Features’ then, tap the ‘Uninstall a Program’
- Open QuickBooks and then, choose ‘Uninstall/Change’ tab
- Choose the ‘Continue’ option and then, press the ‘Next’ button
- Wait for the process to complete and then, choose the ‘Finish’ option
- Finally, restart the system.
During the repair process, a situation may come when a user might face an error with ‘File in Use’ dialog. To remove such errors, you must follow the steps given below.
- First, choose an ‘Ignore’ option (the system may restart)
- Press the ‘Ok’ icon
- It may happen that you have clicked ‘Ignore’ option multiple times but if the option is not available, tap the ‘Close’ option and wait for the repair being done
- After this, reboot the system
Before running the repair process, it is essential to take the back-up of your data files. To recover the data, you can take it easily from there.
Method – 2 Choose Clean Install Tool to Reinstall the QuickBooks
Before uninstalling QB users, you should include a few basic things given below.
- QuickBooks Download File
- QB Installation CD
- License Number
Procedure to Uninstall QuickBooks
- Press the Windows+R key to open the ‘Run’ command
- In the search box, type the ‘Control Panel’ then press ‘Enter’
- The user requires to choose ‘Programs and Features’
- Suppose the ‘Control Panel’ appears in a ‘Category’ view, select the ‘Uninstall a Program’
- After this, a user must check ‘QuickBooks’ and then ‘Uninstall/Change’. QB users must follow the online instructions to complete the process
If an error already exists in QuickBooks, then QuickBooks can’t be uninstalled. Use QuickBooks clean install tool to rename the folder.
Download and Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- First, you must download and save the ‘QB Clean Install.exe file’ on the desktop
- Check if the ‘QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe’ is opened or not.
- Accept the ‘License Agreement’ and choose the accurate ‘QuickBooks Version’. Press the ‘Continue’ tab.
- Finally, a message appears on your screen ‘QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory’. Press the ‘Ok’ button.
After following the above steps, you must dial QuickBooks phone number, and you will get the accurate solutions to remove QBDBMGRN Not working error in the server.