QuickBooks error C=184 is a common issue in the program that can take place due to damaged network data (.ND) or transaction log (.TLG) files. However, this is not the only reason; several other possible factors can also bring forth this error in the QuickBooks application. For instance, when reporting dates of the QuickBooks Desktop don’t match due to 29 days in February, an error message can roll out.
When the error occurs, your workflow gets interrupted, and you receive a prompt to restart the program. In this post, we will discuss the possible reasons, symptoms, and troubleshooting solutions to eliminate QuickBooks error code C=184. Let’s get to the crux of this matter the fix it by implementing the described solutions.
Didn’t have any technical knowledge to eliminate QuickBooks Error C=184 and need instant help? If that’s the situation, ring us at @1(855) 603-0490 and resolve all your issues.
Table of Contents
Error Message That Prompts When QuickBooks Error C=184 Occurs
Every time the users come across QuickBooks Error Code C=184; you will be prompted with the following error message:
“An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value”.
Why am I continuously receiving QuickBooks Error C=184?
Do you need to learn more about the causes that instigate QuickBooks Error C=184? If that’s the scenario, then don’t worry. Instead, look at the below-listed points to learn about all the factors that lead to this error.
- The main reason is damage in the .ND and .TLG files.
- It might be possible that you haven’t installed QuickBooks Desktop properly on your system.
- Sometimes, it may happen when the reporting dates of the QBDT application aren’t matching because of the leap years.
- Not using the updated version of QuickBooks may be one of the reasons.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code C=184
When QuickBooks error C=184 occurs, you can identify it by keeping an eye on the below-given symptoms:
- QuickBooks error message C=184 will show up on your screen, indicating a problematic situation.
- The error message suggests you restart the program.
- However, if it persists after this action, it further suggests you contact QuickBooks technical support. The error can take place when opening a QuickBooks company file or generating reports.
- When the error occurs, it obstructs an ongoing program, which means you may not be able to open the data file or work with your financial data.
Simple Fixation Methods to Tackle QuickBooks Error C=184
Here, we have listed some quick resolution methods that will assist you in rectifying QuickBooks Error Code C=184.
Fixation Method 1: Run the reboot.bat file to fix Error C=184
- In the initial stage, shut down the QuickBooks software.
- Now, right-click on the icon of QuickBooks and pick Properties from the extended list of options.
- Next, you have to choose the highlighted location to open the file.
- Furthermore, try to run the reboot.bat file if you are inside the QuickBooks file.
- After that, click on the Admin tab and run the Reboot.bat file.
- As a result, the Command Prompt window will open up, and eventually, it will process the file component.
- Finally, relaunch your system once you are done.
Fixation Method 2: Assign a New Name to the .ND and .TLG files
- Start the procedure by looking for the folder in which your company file is located.
- After this, you must search for the “.TLG” and “.ND” files.
- Thereafter, right-click on the .TLG and .ND file one by one and then choose the Rename option.
- Following this, input “.add” at the end of both these file names. Doing so, will distinguish the file name from the existing one.
- Then, try to launch the QuickBooks software once again and access your company file.
Fixation Method 3: Get the Upgraded Version of Windows
Upgrading Windows to the latest version will ensure you access the application’s updated features. Moreover, it also guides the users in fixing the QuickBooks Unexpected Error Code C=184. However, perform the steps listed below to get the latest updates for Windows.
- In the initial stage, press the Windows key and input “Windows” within the search area.
- Following this, opt for the “Check For Updates” option. As a result, it will display the list of all the updates that are presently available for your device.
- Ensure that you have marked all the essential updates, and then select the Download button.
- Relaunch your computing device and let the updates be installed on your device.
- After implementing all of the above-listed steps, open QuickBooks and verify if the error is resolved or not.
Fixation Method 4: Transfer the QuickBooks Company File
Changing the location of the QuickBooks company file might help you fix the QuickBooks Unexpected Error Code C=184.
- First of all, you must go to the Location where you have stored your company file.
- Soon after this, right-click on your QuickBooks company file.
- Finally, you must select the Cut option and then click the Paste option in the destination folder.
Fixation Method 5: Make Use of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Initially, you must download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub program.
- Afterwards, choose the QuickBooks Help menu and then click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the drop-down menu list.
- Soon after this, you must run the file QuickBooksToolHub.exe to initiate the installation process.
- Proceed further with the steps visible on the screen.
- Thereafter, double-tap on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon, run it, and then opt for the Company File Issues tab.
- Move to the QuickBooks File Doctor and pick both Damage and Network Connectivity options.
- Furthermore, insert the Admin Account Login credentials and tap on the Next option.
- At last, attempt to access QuickBooks once again. Otherwise, run the report to verify whether the issue is resolved.
So, here we conclude this post and hope that the troubleshooting solutions listed above will help you fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error Code C=184. However, if you require further assistance, feel free to communicate with one of our QuickBooks professionals. To get your issue fixed, email our experts regarding your query or connect through live chat. Our experts will satisfy your requirements and provide you with some useful solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 1. Is QuickBooks File Doctor effective in resolving the QuickBooks error C=184?
Ans. Yes! QuickBooks File Doctor is an effective tool in the program that can resolve the company file and network issues in the program. Thus, it can repair the damaged network data and transaction log files to eliminate the error code C=184 in QuickBooks.
Ques 2. What happens when the error C=184 occurs?
Ans. When error code C=184 in QuickBooks occurs, it prevents users from accessing their data file. It obstructs an ongoing task, and you won’t be able to work on your businesses finances.
Ques 3. Can I use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix the company file access error C=184 in QuickBooks?
Ans. QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool look for the installation issues in the program and resolves them. A partially installed or corrupt program installation can be one of the apparent reasons behind QuickBooks error message code C=184. To run the tool, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system in the first place. Once done, you need to select “Installation Issues.” This option will enable you to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
Ques 4. Should I consider checking for virus or malware infection on the system when error code C=184 occurs?
Ans. It is a crucial task to ensure that the security and integrity of your QuickBooks data are intact within the program. If not, the infections can cause multiple issues in the program. QuickBooks error C=184 can also be one of these issues in the list; hence, you need to run a full scan on your system to identify and repair the infections caused due to a virus or malware attack.