At times, the users might come across QuickBooks POS failed to open company file error while accessing the application. Wondering why it happened? It may happen due to damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file. Every time the error occurs, any one of the following error messages comes into view:
“Failed to Open company Error: Unable to connect to your company data file”
Go through this whole post attentively, and you will come to know the root causes of the error and how to overcome it.
Are you facing difficulty while accomplishing your task due to QuickBooks POS failed to open company file error? Don’t worry, and connect with our professionals at @+1855-603-0490 to get immediate assistance.
Top Reasons Why QuickBooks POS Failed to Open Company File Error Occur
At times, the users might confront QuickBooks POS failed to open a company file error because of accessing an obsolete version of the QBDT application. The complete list of reasons that may evoke this error is as follows:
- Sometimes, it may occur when the users install the Point of Sale application on the client workstation instead of a server.
- It may also occur due to the damage in the company file.
- You might have experienced that the connection with your QuickBooks data file has failed.
- Also, it may trigger when the POS Database service manager isn’t running, and you cannot access your data file.
- In other instances, it may occur when you see that by accessing Windows XP SP2 operating system, you have converted the data file into a higher version of POS.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 15107
Key Points You Know Before Fixing “QuickBooks POS Failed To Open Company File” Error
Here are the tips that the users must know before diving towards the troubleshooting part. This will help you eliminate the error seamlessly.
Relaunch Your System:-
Relaunching your computer device refreshes your operating system and will remove all the changes saved. Doing so will help if you encounter an issue due to recent changes.
Use the Windows Admin Credentials To Sign In to your Account:-
Whenever you sign in to your device with admin credentials, it will grab you some extra permissions. Also, it allows you to make changes within the system configuration and control it.
What should be done when QuickBooks Point of Sale Won’t Open Company File?
You can easily configure QuickBooks POS failed to open company file error using the below-listed resolution methods.
Process # 1. Relaunch Your QuickBooks POS Services
Relaunching the QuickBooks Point of Sale will delete all the saved information from the application by refreshing it. Therefore, to refresh the application, apply the steps listed below.
- To begin the process, exit from the QuickBooks Point Of Sale application if it’s already open.
- Press the Windows key and input “service.msc” within the search area.
- Locate and then configure the Intuit Entitlement Service and QBPOS Database Manager.
- In the first step, double-click on the Intuit Entitlement Service vX.
- Next, move to the General tab and select the Startup Type field as Automatic. Also, ensure that the service status represents Started.
- Following this, opt for the Log On tab and then choose the Local System Account > Allow service to interact with Desktop.
- For instance, if you wish to configure the IntuitEntitlement Service, only then move to the Recovery menu. Later on, opt for the highlighted Restart the Service from the First, Second, and Subsequent fields.
- Now, choose the Apply options and then hit OK.
- In the end, try running the company file and see whether the issue is resolved.
Also Read – How to change Payroll schedule in QuickBooks desktop
Process # 2. Establish a Test Company File:-
Generating a test company file will help you identify whether the issue is with your application or your system itself. For instance, you need to reinstall the software if there is any issue with the entire application. Follow the step-by-step instructions to prepare a test company file:
- Begin the process by opening the QuickBooks Point Of Sale application on your device.
- Afterwards, pick Create New Company from the Start Company screen and then hit the Next option.
- Thereafter, input “Test” within the Company Name field and hit the Create option.
- Next, you must run the test file, move to the File menu, and opt for Company operations.
- Furthermore, head towards the Open Existing company and look for your file.
Process # 3: Recover a Backup Of the Company File
If you come across the QuickBooks POS failing to open the company file issue, you must run the last backup generated for your data file. For that, you must implement the following steps in the same way as written below.
- The first and foremost step is to move to the QuickBooks File menu and then opt for Company Operations.
- Next, choose Restore from backup > Next > Browse to alternate backup file > Browse.
- Now, from the left window, follow the path: “C: > Users > Public > Public Documents > Intuit > QuickBooks POS 18.0 > Data > Your Company Name > Backup”.
- After this, you have to opt for the latest backup and then hit the Next option. Doing so, will recover your data file till the date and time when that backup was generated.
Also Read – Fix Trouble in Opening QuickBooks Payroll 2020
We hope you find this post relevant and helpful in figuring out the QuickBooks POS Failed to Open Company file error. If you still face problems while accessing your company file, drop an email to our experts, and they will provide the most effective solutions to rectify the issue immediately.