One of the most convenient and widely used accounting software developed by Intuit is QuickBooks. This helps medium and small businesses maintain their finance, payrolls, bills, payments, and sending invoices. This is cloud-based accounting software that facilitates the users to access the data regardless of geographic conditions. Imagine how handy it would become if we can convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop; this will also erase the network’s required and make this productive at any point in time. For any further queries, customers are free to contact QuickBooks customer care to have other assistance.
This blog will give detailed descriptions of steps used to convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop. For this, users need to use an Export interview to fulfill the aim of conversion.
Steps for Convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop
A user must log into his QuickBooks Account with current QuickBooks Administrator Credentials to successfully convert.
Step 1: Check the security setting in Internet Explorer and set that according to the needs
Some steps are listed below to have successful settings
- Firstly, click on “Internet Explorer Icon” and then click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Following the above step, users need to select the “Tool Icon” and then select “Internet Settings“.
- After the previous step, the User must choose the “security and trusted sites” option.
- Next, pick the “sites” option.
- Now, enter the *.intuit.com*.qbo.intuit.com below add this website option to the zone field option.
- After all this, users need to check all the required server verification for all the zone sites.
- Following the above steps, close the Trusted sites window
- Also, double-check the “enable Protected mode“.
- Succeeding to all these steps, click on the “Apply” tab with the following click on “Ok“.
- In the end, Leave Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Arrange the setting to Export QuickBooks Online to Desktop
- In this step, users are advised to right-click on QuickBooks Icon with the following selection of run as administrator options.
- If the QB Desktop is not installed by chance, the User can download the trial version to fulfil his purpose.
- Following the above steps, ensure to visit the file and select “close Company Option”.
- One must keep in mind to let the desktop open until all processes are not complete.
Step 3: Composing the necessities to ensure the smooth export of QuickBooks Online data
- Open the desired version in which the user wants to export the file.
- Add the credentials to QuickBooks online account.
- Following the above steps, move to “Gear Icon” and Choose “export Data“.
- Enter the reason to export data and make it offline with a press on the “Continue” button.
- After that choose, the option “learn more” under “Moving to QuickBooks Desktop“.
- Once more, choose the “learn more” option under “Download Company data“.
- Now review the data taking the view from windows of “Export Overview” followed by a click on “Get started“.
- Upcoming action is to install “ActiveX control“, and the steps to install should be followed.
- Now users need to finish the process by Installation Process of ActiveX.
- Now select the data to be exported and click on continue.
- Further, review the limitation and hit the continue button.
- Then, enter the contact information and click on the continue button.
Step 4: Finish the process of Exporting data
- The foremost step is to select the export data in QB Online in Setting Tab.
- Prepare the QuickBooks Online Data and repeat steps from 2-5 of Step 3.
- Then select continue to start downloading from QBO pages.
Shift to QuickBooks Desktop
- In the QuickBooks Desktop, The User must ensure that the User is from “No company open Screen”, and if that is not fulfilled, they need to choose the “close company option”.
- The upcoming step is to choose “Download Back in QuickBooks Offline”.
- Now select the location to save the file in the company file window.
- Then select the place other than the User’s company window.
- After the process finishes, select the “Convert Now “tab.
- Now in “Create the New QuickBooks File”, the User must ensure a new file name with a location to save it. Keep the site in the local system, in an external drive or network.
- The final step is to select “Finish:” when the export of files is done.
Step 5: Verify the Exported information
Also, for the Company file’s data export, the User must use the Profit and Loss function to match the record books. Users must ensure to run on an accrual basis to ensure the correct match of data.
If data do not match, they are steps to rectify the mistake. So it’s not the situation to panic. Suppose the user is not aware of technical terms. One must not hesitate to contact or for any other technical assistance, the QuickBooks support team and resolve the error then and there only.
Read Also : QuickBooks error H202 | QuickBooks not responding