Are you using QuickBooks Enterprise and want to switch to Pro or Premier? If yes, then you have arrived at the appropriate destination. This comprehensive post has discussed the detailed steps to convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premier. The users mainly need to switch to Pro or Premier when their business requirements are changed, and it can’t be fulfilled with the QuickBooks Enterprise edition.
Didn’t have much technical knowledge and need help to convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premier? Call us at @1(855) 603-0490 and get all your queries’ answers within the shortest time applicable.
Table of Contents
What are the Advantages of Converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premier?
More than 30 users can use the QuickBooks Enterprise Edition application simultaneously. Thus, it increases the chance of data loss. Whereas the Pro or Premier version gives access to a maximum of 3-5 users simultaneously.
Moreover, QuickBooks Pro is more affordable and the best fit for the small and medium-sized businesses compared to QuickBooks Enterprise Edition.
Reasons Why You Can’t Convert the Data from QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premier
Below are some reasons why you can’t convert the data from QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premier.
- Verify that the file size must not exceed with the limited file size of 500 MB minimum and a maximum of 2GB.
- Suppose, if you are presently utilizing Enterprise Database, you won’t be able to convert to Pro.
- Also, you must verify that there are no damaged files in the current database. If there are any damaged files, then it might generate issues while converting data.
- Check that the QuickBooks Enterprise file name must not exceed the word limit than allowed.
Prerequisites Required Before Converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premier
Here, we have discussed some key points that you must consider while proceeding further with the conversion process.
- After converting the software, users can join up to 3 accounts in QuickBooks Pro. This is so because the Pro Edition supports only this many of users.
- To switch to any other edition in QuickBooks, it is a must to have a new license. Install the software properly after purchasing it, and then activate it so that you can run the software seamlessly.
- Once you have successfully converted the data, you will receive a file in QuickBooks Pro to proceed with your ongoing business task.
- If you have files from a previous software version, they can restore easily you don’t have to worry anymore. Within the updated version of the QuickBooks software, you can easily utilize them.
Different Stages to Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premier
Below we have discussed some simple procedures to switch from Enterprise to Pro or Premier version.
Stage 1: Import the Enterprise Files to QuickBooks
- To commence with, sign in to the QuickBooks application using the correct login credentials.
- Afterwards, prepare the backup of the company file and then restore it on your hard drive.
- You must restore the first backup and generate a new copy to work on it.
- Now, open the QuickBooks Enterprise edition on your home screen.
- After this, hit the Ctrl + 1 keys to launch your device’s Product Information window.
- Next, press the Ctrl + B and Ctrl + Q keys together to proceed further.
- Furthermore, insert the QuickBooks login details into the next upcoming screen.
- Thereafter, tick marks the “Terms of Service” checkbox to give consent to the terms and conditions listed.
- Proceed further by tapping on the Submit button.
- Finally, review the lists that need to be imported and follow the instructions on the screen.
Stage 2: Export the QuickBooks Data From Pro to Premier
- As soon as the file has been imported to QuickBooks, you can utilize Internet Explorer for future use.
- You must act according to the instructions shown on the screen to install the controls.
- If you wish to convert the entire file, select the “All Financial Data” option.
- Furthermore, opt for the All Financial Data Without Transactions option to end the process.
Stage 3: Convert the File to QuickBooks Pro and Premier
- In the beginning, launch the QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
- After that, pick the company file you want to convert into Pro or Premier Edition.
- Later, opt for the highlighted Convert button and proceed with the next step.
- End the process by following the instructions shown on the screen.
Stage 4: Things You Must Do After Conversion
Below are some simple steps you must implement after the conversion.
- Launch the latest version of Internet Explorer on your device in the initial stage.
- After this, hit the Alt + T keys and tap on the Tools menu.
- Go to Internet Options and tap on the Security tab.
- Now, you must mark the checkbox of Reset All Zones to the default level.
- Afterwards, choose the Apply option followed by OK button.
- In the end, you must shut down the Internet Explorer window.
So, here conclude this post, and we hope that you find this post worth reading. Thus, you can now easily convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premier without making much effort. However, if you require additional help, you can consult with our professionals anytime through the live chat facility.