Encountering the installation errors in QuickBooks is very common and frustrating also. Amongst one of them is QuickBooks Error 1646 that might pop up on the screen when you try to install QuickBooks if another version of it is already installed on the system. Whenever the error occurs, the following error message bumps on your computer screen stating:
“Error 1646 installing quickbooks.msi uninstallation of the update package is not supported”.
However, there are plenty of other factors that might generate this error. So, it is essential to figure out the problem asap. Have a quick overview of this post and go through all the relevant causes triggering the error and solutions to fix it.
Finding it difficult to install QuickBooks due to Error 1646 and need quick help? Dial @1-855-603-0490 without wasting your time and talk to our specialists to have a one-to-one consultation.
Table of Contents
Causes that might trigger QuickBooks Error 1646
Finding the root causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 1646 will help you resolve the issue. Have a glimpse at the below-listed points attentively, and check them out.
- You are using the QuickBooks version that is not in use any more.
- There may be damage in the Microsoft Components.
- Sometimes, it may trigger due to a corrupt QuickBooks installer.
- You have already installed another version of QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
Also Read – Resolve The QuickBooks Error Code 2107
Few Indications To Identify QuickBooks Error 1646
Here, we have mentioned some of the symptoms so that users can easily witness the arrival of QuickBooks Error 1646.
- You might experience that the company file might get locked.
- Damage in the Microsoft C++ and MSXML components may be another symptom of the error.
- The user is accessing the unsupported version of the operating system.
- It might be possible that you won’t have enough permissions to install QuickBooks.
- There is no space within the Windows temporary folder.
Easy Guidelines to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 1646
After letting you know about the causes and symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1646, move further with the troubleshooting part.
Procedure 1: Verify the QuickBooks Desktop Product Information
- Start the QuickBooks Desktop software and press F2 key on your keyboard to view the product Information window.
- As a result, you will see all the details associated with your QuickBooks product.
- Here, you have to assure that you have written down all the essential details including License Number and the Product Key.
- Moreover, also verify that you have copied the Product Year as well as the Product key.
Procedure 2: Uninstallation of QuickBooks Desktop Software
Uninstalling the QuickBooks isn’t a complicated task so follow the steps below to do the same.
- Press the Windows key, look for the Control Panel and tap on it to open it on your device.
- From the window of the Control Panel, hit the highlighted Programs and Features option. Otherwise, tap on the Uninstall program option.
- Now, pick the QuickBooks Desktop version you currently use from the available options lists;.
- Once found, select the Uninstall/Change option to proceed further.
- Afterwards, opt for the Remove option and then select Next.
Procedure 3: Allot a New Name to the folder of QuickBooks Desktop
- Once you have completed the uninstallation process, right-click on the QuickBooks folder.
- After that, you have to allot a new name to the QuickBooks folder say “.old” at the end of the file name.
- Doing so, will help you identify the file from that one that is already created.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118
Procedure 4: Reinstallation of QuickBooks Desktop Software
- Access the Control Panel and then move to Programs and Features.
- You have to pick QuickBooks from the available list of options available.
- Next, tap on Uninstall/Change and then click the Uninstall option.
- After this, you have to wait patiently until the process is over.
- Now, reinstall QuickBooks and enter the product key and license number correctly.
- Move further with the installation procedure and complete the instructions coming on the screen.
- Finally, launch QuickBooks software and verify if the error recurs.
So, here we wind up this post and give you the surety that this post will guide you in eliminating QuickBooks Error 1646. However, contact our experts if you have any trouble while installing the software. You can communicate with our highly-certified professional by sending an email. Otherwise, have a conversation with them through the live chat experts to acquire the simple solutions to the query.