QuickBooks error 6000 77 is one of the common technical snags in QuickBooks software that arises when the user tries to open the company file but the software fails to do so. The error mainly strikes when the multi-user mode is enabled on your account or the company’s file is missing from the default location.
If you are also facing the QuickBooks error 6000 77, then this blog can be important for you. As, in this write-up, we will enlist the numerous solutions you can easily carry out to resolve the issue.
“Get the best way to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 77 without wasting time. Speak live with our QuickBooks experts via call at +1-855-603-0490, and get some handy techniques to fix the issue.”
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77
Let’s take a look at the factors/ reasons due to why a user may encounter QuickBooks error 6000 77 while working on the accounting software;
- Incorrect system firewall settings on your device can block the software from connecting with the online server.
- If the QuickBooks company’s file or Transaction Log File (.TLG) is damaged or corrupted.
- The company data file is stored on an external storage device.
- An outdated version of the PC’s windows or QuickBooks software is the most common reason behind the error.
- If your company file is not stored in the local drive or is missing from the default location.
- The multi-user mode is enabled on your device.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
Ways to Identify QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Given below is the list of the symptoms through which users can easily identify the QuickBooks error 6000 77;
- A pop-up display message appears on the PC screen, reflecting error 6000 77 in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks desktop application is not opening or working smoothly.
- PC is not working slowly or suddenly starts slagging at regular intervals.
- The system is not responding to the mouse and keyboard requests.
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6000 77
After having a clear understanding of the possible reasons why the error arises, let’s take a look at the solutions that you can execute to fix QuickBooks error 6000 77;
Solution 1. Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool is a brilliant repairing tool that will help you to fix various technical issues related to the company’s file. To run the QuickBooks file doctor tool, given below are the steps that you can carry out;
- In order to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool, you have to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- You can download this tool from the official website of Intuit products.
- As the downloading ends, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool on your device.
- After that, launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device, and then click on the “Company File Issues” option, which is available on the left panel of the screen.
- Next, click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” tool, and then you have to select the company file.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Repair” option, and the repairing process will commence on your device.
Next, as the repairing process ends, launch the QuickBooks desktop application to check whether the QuickBooks error 6000 77 has been fixed.
Also Read – Fix Unable to Open QuickBooks Enterprise issue
Solution 2. Rename Network Data & Transaction Log Files
The next solution you should follow to fix QuickBooks error 6000 77 is renaming the network data and transaction log files. Given below are the steps that you can perform to rename the ND and TLG files;
- The first step is to move toward the default location where the QuickBooks company’s files are stored, i.e., C:\ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ Company Files.
- Thereon, you have to search there for the Network Data file with the extension ending as “.ND.”
- Now, right-click on the file, and hit the “Rename” option.
- Followed by the above steps, you have to add “.old” at the end of the name.
- Similarly, you have to repeat the above steps to rename the Transaction Log file extension to “.tlg.old.”
Now, launch the QuickBooks desktop application on your device to check whether or not QuickBooks error code 6000 77 has been resolved.
Solution 3. Copy the QuickBooks Company File to Another Location
Given below are the steps that you can carry out to copy/move the company file to another location;
- Firstly, open the windows file explorer on your device by pressing the “Windows + E” keys together.
- After that, you must move toward the local disk C folder, create a new folder, and name it “QBtest123.”
- Now, you have to move toward the location where the company file is based.
- You must right-click on the company file with the extension “.QBW” and select the “Copy” option.
- Navigate back to the newly created folder, and paste the files here.
- Moving ahead, allow the windows access permissions to share the company’s file, and launch the QuickBooks desktop application on your device.
Once you finish the steps mentioned above, try accessing the company file. After performing the above-listed solutions, QuickBooks error code 6000 77 will be terminated at this stage.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 3120
That’s the end of this blog about how to fix QuickBooks error 6000 77. We hope that the above-listed solutions will help you to eliminate the error with less effort. If the error continues to disrupt you while working on the software, you can get in touch with our team via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to attend to your query and deliver the best possible solution.