QuickBooks Company file contains all the sensitive data related to your company and employees. No company can even think of putting the data file at risk as it holds the most crucial data. But sometimes, users fail to access the company file due to QuickBooks Error 6154. Wondering why it happened? It might occur while using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
When the error arrives, it starts throwing the following error message indicating:
“Error 6154 occurred when QuickBooks company file not open or QuickBooks unable to open specified folder or file”.
Users cannot access their data files due to the appearance of this QuickBooks Error Code 6154. As a result, it could interfere with ongoing tasks and cause delays in work. Read the entire blog post carefully to discover a straightforward fix for quickly fixing the problem.
Is QuickBooks Error 6154 making it difficult to work on your company file? Consult with our highly-trained experts to fix the issue with the help of QuickBooks experts at +1-855-603-0490.
Reasons Why Users Need to Experience QuickBooks Error 6154
There are plenty of reasons that might bring forth QuickBooks Error 6154. Therefore, before hopping to the solutions, let us know the actual reason behind the error. We have stated all the root causes behind this error below.
- Users are not using the admin credentials to sign into their system.
- It may happen if you have changed the location of the company file.
- Corruption or damage in the company file may also be responsible.
- Sometimes, it may evoke due to missing files or the wrong location.
- Another reason may be an incorrect file or folder path.
Also Read – What Is QuickBooks Error 6073?
What are the Early Signs of QuickBooks Company File Error 6154?
Given below is the list of possible reasons due to why a user encounter error code 6154 while working on the QuickBooks desktop accounting software;
- The QuickBooks software might obstruct the users from accessing the company file, leading to this error.
- You might experience that you are facing difficulty while opening a specified file or folder.
- On the arrival of this error, users might have witnessed the poor performance of their system.
- The active window begins to crash or starts freezing when the error occurs.
- Also, you might be prompted with an error message on the screen.
Few Things You Must Know Before Resolving QuickBooks Error 6154
Before proceeding further with the troubleshooting process of QuickBooks Error 6154, consider a few things in mind. Doing so will help resolve the error itself, and you don’t have to perform the complete troubleshooting process.
- Look for the Windows and QuickBooks Updates. Download and install the updates if they are available for your system.
- Always use the updated version of the Intuit Sync Managers.
- You must install good antivirus software on your device that might not interrupt or affect the company file after the scanning.
- Before attempting to access the same file, make sure to copy the company file to a separate location.
Easy Methods to Tackle With QuickBooks Error 6154 Instantly
You can easily troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6154 by performing the troubleshooting methods listed below. Apply the steps in the same manner as written below without skipping any single step.
Solution 1: Try Logging Into Your System with Proper Admin Rights
Mostly, the users might come across QuickBooks Error Code 6154 when they don’t have proper admin rights to access the company file. Therefore, perform the steps below to sign in as an admin on your device.
- If your Windows PC is switched on, you must relaunch it.
- After this, sign into your device with the proper credentials of the System Administrator.
- Now, try accessing your QuickBooks company file and check whether you can work on the data file.
Thereon, verify if this method has helped you in eliminating QuickBooks 6154 error code or not. In case, if the error still persists, then don’t panic, and try the next solution.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 102
Solution 2: Synchronization of your files with the Computer’s Hard Drive
There might be certain instances when the application couldn’t find the location when the file isn’t synced with your system’s hard drive. Implement the steps mentioned below properly to resolve the issue right away.
- In the beginning, ensure that you have signed into the system as an administrator.
- Soon after this, move your QuickBooks company file and try resetting the Task Manager.
- Next, you must change the location of your company file’s folder.
- After that, browse your system and pick a new location for your file.
- Create a new folder in a new location, then move all the files and folders there from the old place.
- Now, you must Reset Sync Manager by following the steps below.
- First of all, hover your cursor over the QuickBooks Help menu.
- Choose the Manage Data Sync followed by the Reset Sync Manager tab.
- After this, add the User ID and Password within the respective text fields.
- Next, you must tap on the Allow Sync Manager to accomplish the first sync.
Solution 3: Get the New Version Of QBDT and Check the File Type
The next solution that we recommend you to eliminate QuickBooks error code 6154 is to update QuickBooks desktop application to latest release. Here are the steps that you can execute step-by-step to update QuickBooks desktop to latest release;
- To begin with, move to the QuickBooks Help menu and then opt for the Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- After this, choose the highlighted Update Now option followed by Get the latest updates.
- Go through the on-screen prompts and install if any newly launched updates are presently available.
- Next, after updating the file, ensure that you have the file named “.QBW”. You won’t be able to access any other file type, such as the backup file (.QBB) and portable files (.QBM).
- Moreover, you also have to verify that your file shouldn’t be compressed or encrypted. For that, perform the steps mentioned below.
- Locate and right-click on the QuickBooks company file and choose the Properties option.
- After this, pick the Advanced option and unmark the checkboxes of Compress or Encrypt.
- Finally, tap on OK after making the necessary changes to the file.
To Sum It Up!!
Hopefully, we assure you that reading this post will help you fix QuickBooks Error 6154. However, if the troubleshooting methods couldn’t help you overcome the issue, connect with our professionals. By connecting with our QuickBooks experts through the live chat facility, you can get simple solutions to resolve the issue within no time.