The list of the best accounting software is incomplete without mentioning QuickBooks. Its powerful accounting functionalities help businesses to automate and handle their accounting processes efficiently. Users can store and manage their accounting data using QuickBooks company files. Sometimes, users report QuickBooks Error 6123 0 when opening, or restoring the backup of a QuickBooks company file.
These issues in QuickBooks are covered under error code series 6000. QuickBooks error 6123 is also a similar error related to the QuickBooks company file access. Here, you will get to know about the possible reasons and resolution of the QuickBooks error code 6123.
What is QuickBooks Error 6123?
QuickBooks error 6123 generally occurs when a user tries to restore the backup of the company file. The error can take all of a sudden and obstruct the activities of the company file. You may also encounter this error when opening the company file in a multi-user environment. Additionally, opening the data file directly from the network or restoring the backup also gives error 6123 in QuickBooks. When the error occurs, you see an error message on your screen that reads:
The error message prompts you to take a few actions to resolve the issue. However, there are multiple factors that can promote this error in QuickBooks. To get rid of the error, you need to go through this full-fledged troubleshooting guide until the end.
What Are the Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6123?
QuickBooks company file error 6123 occurs due to several possible factors covered in the below-given list:
- When your Windows is damaged.
- Possible damage in the QuickBooks company file also evokes the error.
- Corruption or damage in the data file or the application itself.
- Sometimes your anti-virus security software blocks the QuickBooks communication ports and hinders the smooth communication process.
- Faulty settings of the Windows Firewall can also trigger the QuickBooks error 6123.
- When the network connection to the host server is not intact.
- When a user restores the backup of a company file from an external device.
Before You Start Troubleshooting the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123
Before you proceed any further with the error resolution, you need to ensure some important points as stated in the below-given list:
- Update QuickBooks to the latest maintenance release. Using the latest release means you have the most error-free version of the program.
- Sometimes, a simple restart can fix a perplexing technical. Restart your computer at least once.
- If your data file is hosted on the server, make sure that the QuickBooksDBXX service is running.
- Update your Windows/Mac OS before resolving the issue.
Troubleshooting Solutions for Error 6123 in QuickBooks
Follow the troubleshooting solutions in their chronological order:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor from QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks File Doctor is an important utility, which is devised to fix the common issues related to the QuickBooks company file. You can run it from QuickBooks Tool Hub, which is home to all the important tools and utilities in the software. To do so:
- First of all, close QuickBooks software.
- Now download QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s official website and save the downloaded file to an easily accessible location.
- Now go to the download location and run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait until the tool hub is installed on your system.
- Open Tool Hub and then select Company File Issues.
- After that, you need to click the green button labelled as Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Click the downward arrow and it will open a drop-down list.
- Choose the erroneous file or use the Browse option to find the file.
- File your company file with the extension .QBW and mark the checkbox for Check your file.
- Hit Continue and enter your accurate password when prompted.
- Again, press Continue and it will initiate the repair process.
- Once the repair finishes, open QuickBooks to check if the error is fixed.
- If the error is not fixed using this method, try the next one.
Solution 2: Change The Extension of .ND & .TLG Files
Network data (.ND) and Transaction Log (.TLG) are the important utility files you may see in the folder containing the primary QuickBooks company file. However, if you are unable to open the QuickBooks company file (.QBW), then changing the extensions of network data and transaction log files can prevent your data loss.
- Go to the folder containing the QuickBooks company file.
- Now locate the files with extension .ND & .TLG.
- Right-click over any file and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Repeat the same procedure for the next file.
- Restart your computer, open QuickBooks and then open your company file.
Solution 3: Run Verify & Rebuild Data Utility
Verify and Rebuild data utility works together to identify and repair the integrity issues in the company file data. To make it work:
- Start QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Next, click File >> Utility >> Verify Data.
- The tool will check for the discrepancies in the QuickBooks company file. If no issue is found, you can drop this procedure then and there.
- If an issue is found, click on File >> Utility >> Rebuild Data and it will rebuild the damaged data in QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Create a New Windows Admin User
If the windows user account is corrupted or damaged, then it might show you the QuickBooks error code 6123. In a such scenario, creating a new windows admin user can be a solution for getting the problem resolved. So, here are the steps that you can follow to create a new windows admin user on your PC.
- Firstly, navigate to the control panel settings on your PC.
- Click on the “Create New User” option under the user heading.
- Now, select the user type as the “Administrator.”
- After that, log out from your existing account.
- Moving ahead, restart your computer and log in to the administrator account.
- Next, transfer the company’s file to the desktop screen.
- At last, once you are done with the above steps, launch the QuickBooks desktop application and access the company’s file.
Solution 5: Run the Quick Fix My Program Tool
Quick Fix My Program Tool can help you to resolve many errors and glitches related to the QuickBooks software. Below are the steps you can follow to run the Quick Fix My Program Tool to get the error code 6123 resolved.
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks tool hub on your server computer.
- Then, click on the “Program Problems” option, which is available on the left side menu list.
- After that, click on the “Quick Fix My Program” option.
- Thereon, the repairing process will be commenced on your screen.
- The ongoing repairing process will take some time, depending on how many versions you use in QuickBooks.
Once the process ends, close the tool hub and run the QuickBooks. There, examine if this method has helped you in resolving the QuickBooks error code 6123 or not.
Note: Save the backup of your company file before you run the utility, as it may delete some entries from your data file.
The solutions discussed in this post can help you in troubleshooting the QuickBooks error 6123. If you need help from QuickBooks technicians in the error resolution, give us a call on our QuickBooks error helpline number. The experts will help you with the comprehensive error troubleshooting steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I solve the connection error in QuickBooks?
To fix the connection error in QuickBooks, try these solutions.
- Run the QuickBooks file repair tool.
- Restart your PC.
- Examine the internet connectivity and speed.
- Fix hosting on all workstations.
How can I restore the QuickBooks backup?
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks application on your PC.
- Then, navigate to the “File” menu and click on the “Open or Restore” company.
- Therefore, click on the “Restore A Backup Copy” option and click on the “Next” option.
- Now, click on the “Local Backup” option and again click on the “Next” option.
- After that, select the folder where you want to save the file and click on the “Open” option.
- At last, end the process by clicking on the “Save” option.