QuickBooks, developed by Inuit, is the greatest accounting software. From business owners to entrepreneurs, QuickBooks is the foremost choice due to its advanced financial features. Facing errors in QuickBooks is not a new thing for users. While installing and running the software, several problems arise. To keep these problems at bay, the Inuit developed the wonderful repairing tool – QuickBooks clean install tool. The tool helps in fixing the installing errors automatically.
Looking for QuickBooks Install Clean Tool Help? Talk to our Professionals & Get the Instant Help. Just Dial @1855-603-0490
If you are curious to know more about the clean install QuickBooks Desktop tool, then go through the complete content. This blog explains the way to download QuickBooks clean install tool and how to install it in QuickBooks. However, before directly jumping to the technical part, let us first have a brief overview of the utility tool.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
Developed by Intuit, QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows fixes the various issues of QuickBooks desktop. It not only guides you in addressing the multiple issues in QuickBooks but also resolves unrecoverable errors. That is why it is sometimes also known as the QB repairing tool. Sometimes the application creates unnecessary files in your system during its use which ultimately brings interruption your work. These files overburdened the cache memory of your system. The tool completely uninstalls the application and fixes the problem by removing those unnecessary files and then again re-installing the software after cleaning it in your system. It saves your precious time. The process of using the QuickBooks removal tool is quite simple.
Why Should I Need A Clean Install Tool?
The multifaced application creates junk files in your system that not only harm your system but also hamper your work. The QuickBooks Removal Tool is used to remove those useless files. Apart from it, there are various instances when you might feel the need to use the tool. Some of the situations in which you might use the tool are:
- You receive the same installation error despite doing several re-installations.
- You face the same error whenever you try to open more than one company file.
- You have encountered an error whenever you try to install the application in your system.
If you have encountered any of the above mentioned problems, then it is mandatory to use the utility tool.
List of Errors Resolved By Using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
Apart from the above-mentioned causes to use the removal tool, there is a list of the installation and the damaged folder issues that the tool is capable of resolving. The list of the various errors that can be simply fixed by the QuickBooks Removal Tool are:
- QuickBooks error code 1328
- QuickBooks error 1612
- QuickBooks error 1603
- QuickBooks Error code 1311
- QB Error 1723
- QuickBooks error code 1618
- QB error 1722 code
- Error 1310 QB
- QuickBooks error 1336
Things to Keep In Mind Before Installing the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
Till now, you already have a brief overview of the clean install tool QuickBooks and what issues or errors the tool fixes. Now, you can move to the technical part. However, before proceeding to the download and installation process, you must keep a few things in mind. The things to be considered before proceeding with any of the methods are:
- Create a backup of the company files in order to prevent the loss of any data.
- You must have the license number and the product number of the QB. You can easily find the license number in the email received at the time of purchase or at the original packing of the software.
- You must have access to the QB desktop file.
- The installation CD of the software must be kept ready with you.
Backup your Company File
The below-mentioned steps will help you in creating the backup of the important company files:
- To start the backup process, insert the flash drive into your system.
- After that, open the QuickBooks Desktop application to create the backup of the company files.
- Next, go to the File menu and click on it.
- To create the backup, pick the backup company option from the drop-down menu.
- You can opt either for the online backup or for the local backup option. However, it is advisable to save the files on the Flash drive as it is quick.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How to Download and Install the QuickBooks clean install tool?
You must first install the QuickBooks Tool Hub. The steps that will guide you through the QuickBooks tool hub installation process are:
- Visit the official website of Intuit and download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Save the file to the desired location.
- Open the folder and double-click on the executable file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and accept the terms and conditions to move ahead in the process.
- Once the installation process is finished, launch the tool on the system.
As you have already explored the importance of the Intuit utility tool, let us understand the QuickBooks clean install utility download process. The steps involved in the downloading process and running QuickBooks clean install tool are:
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select installation issues from the available options in the tool.
- Pick the Clean Install Tool to run the tool.
- Tap on the continue button to proceed further.
- Pick the desired QuickBooks Versions and the product version. After that, click on the continue button.
- Once the process is over, you will receive the dialogue box displaying the message” Please install the copy of the QuickBooks to the default location of the system.” Again press the “OK” button.
Steps to Use the Clean Install Tool in QuickBooks
When it comes to resolving the issue of company files, the QuickBooks clean tool plays a crucial role. The QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows allows you to rebuild the damaged data files associated with the various functions in the application. The process of using the QuickBooks Clean Install tools involves three steps:
- Uninstall the Application – QuickBooks Desktop.
- Rename the Installation Process
- Re-install the QuickBooks Application to Your System
The first and foremost thing before moving to the steps is to perform a Clean Installation of the application on your system if not done yet. In case you have attempted several normal re-installation of QuickBooks to resolve the error but still face the problem, then use the clean install tool. Please make sure to perform the same steps on every computer in case you are using multiple desktops.
The below-cited steps explain the detailed procedure of how to use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tools and get rid of the errors or problems that you are facing while using the application.
Step 1: Uninstall the QuickBooks
Go with the below-mentioned steps to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop application:
- Press the Window + R key together to open the run command of the Window.
- Type the Control panel in the search box and press enter key.
- In the control panel, go to the programs and features option.
- After that, pick the uninstall a program option in the program and features Window.
- From the available list of programs, select the QuickBooks.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks folder and pick the uninstall option to uninstall the program.
- Follow the instructions that appears on the screen to complete the process.
Step 2: Rename the Installation Folder
To continue using the QuickBooks repairing tool, you need to rename the install folder. You can perform the action in two ways; You can pick any of the methods that best suits you. We have provided the detailed steps of both methods.
Steps 3: Download and Install the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
We have already explained the steps that explain the downloading and installing process. You can find the steps above in the blog. Once you have selected the QuickBooks version, it will rename all the necessary folders. A dialogue box with the following message will appear on the screen “QuickBooks is now available to do a clean process.”
Steps 4: Renaming the Installing Folder Manually
The QuickBooks install tool is not compatible with the QuickBooks 2020. So, in case whenever you come across such situations then, you need to rename the folder manually. The below-mentioned steps will help you in renaming the installation folder manually:
- Click on the start menu and search for the file explorer.
- Open the file explorer folder.
- In the next step, locate the folder in which you have stored the company files. The path of the folder may look like c drive\program data\Intuit\QBs location.
- Once you have found the folder right, click on the folder and pick the “rename” option.
- To finish the process, mention OLD at the end of the folder. Adding the OLD at the end of the folder name will prevent QuickBooks from opening the folder whenever you re-install the application on your system.
In case you receive the error message “The access denied while renaming the folder” during the renaming procedure, then you need to go with the below-mentioned steps:
- Press the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC key together to open the task manager.
- Navigate to the process tab once the task manager is opened.
- Pick the name column header to order the list.
- Now, look for the QBDBMgrN.exe, Qbw32.exe,QBCFMonitorService.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe processes and close/end the process.
- If you receive the message “ Terminating a process can cause undesired results,” tap on the “Yes” button to continue.
Step 5: Re-install the Application
Now, you can re-install the application on your system. This is the last step in the process. The steps that might help you in the re-installation process are:
- Insert the CD into the computer.
- Go with the on-screen instructions to move ahead in the installation process.
- Mention the license number and the product number of the application.
- Complete the instructions that appear on the display. Select the installation type of the software.
- Once the installation is complete, just restart the system.
Let’s wind it Up
Using the QuickBooks Removal Tool becomes a cakewalk once you are well-versed with the application. In the blog, we have tried to give you a brief overview of the Inuit utility application and how to download and run the QuickBooks Install Tool. We hope that by reading the blog, you will be able to get what you are looking for. In case you are feeling difficulty in any QuickBooks process, then do contact our experts. They will provide you with the most feasible solutions. You can get in touch with them either through the mail, chat or over the phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q – Will using the QuickBooks Install Tool delete my company data?
A – No. The tool will not delete the company files. It only deletes the unnecessary files which are created while using the software. However, precautionary you must take a backup of the company files. The steps to create the backup are already described in the blog.
Q – Can I use the QuickBooks Install Tool for the Mac?
A – No. The tool is available only for Windows. The clean installation on the Mac is only possible through the manual process only.
Q – Why do I need to use the QuickBooks Install Tool?
A – If you come across an unexpected technical error while using the software, then you can use the tool. There are other situations also in which you can use the tool. The various instances are already mentioned in the blog.
Q – Can I rename the installation folder manually if the tool does not work?
A – Yes, you can manually rename the installation folder. The steps for the manual renaming of the installation folder are already described in the blog above.