QuickBooks Error 1406 is a common error that occurs whenever there is an antivirus/security program installed in your system, or there is an update in the firewall of your computer. It is a runtime error that occurs while running the software on your system, showing symptoms like crashing down the system and various others. Common way to resolve this error can be temporarily disabling the antivirus. Apart from that there can be various other causes because of which this error can occur. Read the article further to know about various causes for QuickBooks Error Code 1406 and how to resolve them accordingly.
In case you need any quick assistance in solving QuickBooks Error 1406, you can contact us directly at @+1-855-603-0490 and interact with our professional, who will provide an effective solution for this problem.
Recent Post – How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 61686
Various possible causes for QuickBooks Error 1406.
QuickBooks Error 1406 occurs whenever there is a security issue within your system. Some possible reasons are listed below:
- Third-party program interference: When you have downloaded some third-party software, or there is an update in your security program
- When the download space is not accessible, it can trigger QuickBooks Error 1406.
- If any QuickBooks file or some program-related files have been removed improperly from the system, then it might lead to Error 1406.
- A corrupted or damaged window registry can also lead to Error 1406.
- Any untrustworthy window installer can trigger this error.
- There might be a chance in the case of a working system that multiple users are trying to download the QuickBooks software at the same time, which might lead to Error 1406.
Also Read – Rectify QuickBooks Error 12057
Symptoms that can indicate the QuickBooks Error code 1406
In case QuickBooks Error 1406 occurs in your system, various symptoms can be seen in your systems, some of which are listed below:
- Your system will crash again and again.
- Your desktop will start hanging and not responding timely to the command given by you through the mouse and keyboard.
- The system will start to shut down promptly.
- QuickBooks Error Code 1406 popup will appear while running the program.
Quick Troubleshooting Methods For QuickBooks Error Code 1406
Now that we have an idea of various possible causes of QuickBooks Error 1406 read the various ways to troubleshoot Error 1406 as per the causes accordingly.
Method 1: Disable the antivirus or the security software temporarily:
- Security issues caused by the antivirus/security software on your PC can be a possible reason for QuickBooks Error 1406.
- Make sure that you have temporarily disabled or uninstalled the software while running QuickBooks.
Also Read – Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 9997
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- From the Intuit server, you need to download the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.”
- After the download, click install the QuickBooks Installation Tool.
- Now restart the computer and check if the QuickBooks Error code 1406 issue has been resolved.
Method 3: Repair the window registry:
Follow the given steps to fix QuickBooks Error 1406 by repairing the window registry.
- Initially, open the Run window by pressing the Windows +R keys together from your keyboard.
- After this, type “Regedit” within the search column and click on the OK button.
- Then, insert the following path: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaSTOR registry key” within the Registry window.
- Here you need to make sure that all the registry keys are assigned to the administrator group.
Method 4: Using System Configuration and Clean Install Tool
- Open the Run window by using the command Window+R.
- There you need to type the word “msconfig”.
- The configuration will be opened, and in that, you need to click on the General tab and select Startup, Load System Services, and Load Startup Items.
- After that, click on “Hide All Microsoft Services” and “Disable All.”
- Again click on “Hide All Microsoft Services” and verify the list of services.
- Click on the OK button, and before that, you need to make sure that the “Window Installer” is selected.
- After that, you need to click on the “Restart” tab.
- After this, you need to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop Software using the QuickBooks Clean Install tool, which you can do manually from the control panel.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 12031
Once the above-mentioned procedure, you need to again go to the System configuration and choose the normal startup mode. After that, restart your system and check out whether the issue of QuickBooks Error 1406 has been resolved or not.
Method 5: Giving Permission for the “data.dat” file
- You need to open the “Folder Option.” For that type, use the file explorer option or use the Window+E command.
- Under the folder option, choose the “View” tab and select “Hidden folder and Icons.”
- Click on “Show hidden folder and icons.” Also, mark the check box for “Hide Operating System protected files.”
- Now follow the given path “C:/users/all/users/Microsoft/Office/data.”
- Select “data.dat” for MS Office 2003 and “opa12.dat” for MS Office 2007. Right-click on them and select properties.
- Choose the “Security” tab and under it, click on the “Advance” option.
- Opt for the permission tab, followed by the “Permission entries” list.
- Click on “Edit” and mark, check on “Full Control,” and click OK.
Method 6: Lookout for the any remaining Windows Update
Sometimes the reason for QuickBooks Error Code 1406 can be the fact that you haven’t installed the latest update of windows on your system. For that, follow the given steps:
- Type Update in the Start menu, which will lead you to the windows update window.
- Click on the “Windows Update” option and lookout for any pending update on your system.
- In case there is a pending update, then install and restart your computer.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned solution might have helped you in resolving QuickBooks Error Code 1406. In case you still have the issue or unable to fully understand the procedure mentioned above, you can interact with us directly with the live chat option available. Just type a message or mark us a mail on which we will respond to you quickly asap.