QuickBooks Error 6131, 0 is the most common company file error that users might witness due to improper accounting software installation. Sometimes, it may also be caused when the users fail to access the data file due to a lack of admin rights. As a result, it obstructs the users from accessing the data file, leading to delays in the ongoing business task.
However, getting the Error 6131, 0 in QuickBooks fixed ASAP is mandatory to resume with your ongoing task. In this write-up, we have explained the simple resolution methods to overcome the issue. Let’s have a quick overview on this post.
Table of Contents
Reasons Why You Come Across QuickBooks Error 6131, 0
Finding out the exact cause behind the error might help the users to resolve the issue hassle-free. Therefore, to get you updated regarding all such possible causes, we have enumerated some of the below.
- There might be some damage in the .ND and .TLG files.
- Sometimes, it may occur when you have stored the company file on an external storage device instead of local storage space.
- You are not using the QuickBooks of the recently launched version.
- In other instances, it may pop up when the incorrect firewall settings is obstructing the users from accessing the data file.
- At times, it may appear due to the corruption in the data files.
Signs and Symptoms When You Can Spot Error 6131, 0 in QuickBooks
With the help of the following signs and symptoms, you can easily identify QuickBooks Error 6131, 0.
- The users might observe that their QuickBooks application begins to crash or freezes while accessing the data files.
- On the occurrence of the error, you will be presented the error message indicating: “Error 6131, 0: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- It might stop you from making the necessary changes to the company file, like adding or deleting accounts, customers, or vendors.
- You might experience a sudden freeze or crashing of your Windows operating system.
Best Possible Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Error 6131, 0 while opening a company file
The users might find it quite frustrating when they come across QuickBooks Error 6131, 0 while opening the company file. As a result, it may intervene the users from performing their ongoing tasks. So, to resolve this issue, we have explained some of the quick resolution methods. Go through the pointers given below closely.
Resolution Method 1: Assign a New Name to Both .TLG and .ND files
After renaming the .Nd and .TLG files successfully, QuickBooks will eventually establish the new version of these files. Doing so will help in resolving the corruption or damage present in the data file, which might result in QuickBooks Error Code 6131, 0.
- Begin the process by launching the QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
- After this, move to the folder where your data file is placed.
- You are supposed to look for the files that end with the .ND and .TLG file extensions.
- Once you find out both theme files, right-click on them one by one and tap on the option that says “Rename”.
- Going further, you must insert the word .OLD at the end of both these file names.
- At last, relaunch your QuickBooks application and try to access the data file.
Resolution Method 2: Shift the Company File To A Different Location
- Initially, you must access the folder that consists of your data files.
- You should right-click on the file QuickBooks.exe and opt for the Properties option.
- Proceeding further, choose the Open File Location option.
- Tap on the QuickBooks company file and hit the Ctrl + C keys together to copy the file.
- After that, prepare a new folder on your desktop and launch it.
- Now, paste the file you copied to that particular folder.
- Then, launch QuickBooks and your company file to verify whether the issue persists.
Resolution Method 3: Exit From All the QuickBooks Tasks by Accessing the Task Manager
Sometimes, the background process running in QuickBooks might interrupt the users from accessing the data file. Therefore, to fix the issue put an end to all the QuickBooks processes using task manager.
- At first, you must login to your device using the proper administrative credentials.
- Next, you must open the Task Manager on your device by hitting the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together.
- Moving ahead, you must drag your cursor to the Processes tab located at the top of the page.
- Herein, you must choose the QuickBooks processes consisting of QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe. Then, you must end the following processes individually by picking the End Task option.
- End the process by launching QuickBooks and then try to access your data file.
Resolution Method 4: The process of Antivirus and Other Software Must Be Put to Halt
Inappropriate configuration of the security applications might obstruct the users from performing the seamless functioning of QuickBooks. So, by turning off its function can remove all the interrupted pathways and help you get access to the QuickBooks data files again. You must follow the instructions below in the same manner as written below.
- To commence with, restart your workstation in safe mode.
- Soon after this, launch the antivirus software and turn it off by accessing the Settings menu.
- If you are still encountering the QuickBooks Error 6131, 0, you must try to launch the system in normal startup mode again.
- After winding up the steps, try to open your data file and check whether the error persists.
Resolution Method 5: Try to Get the Newly Launched Updates of QuickBooks
- In the beginning, launch the QuickBooks File menu on your device.
- Soon after this, choose the highlighted Update QuickBooks Desktop option and hit the Update Now option.
- Furthermore, go to the Reset Update option and hit the Get Updates option.
- Once you have accomplished the update procedure, close the QuickBooks application.
Resolution Method 6: Download and Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- In the beginning, ensure that you have installed the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- After this, move to the Downloads folder by pressing the Ctrl + J keys together.
- Thereon, look for the file named QuickBooksToolsHub.exe and then tap on it.
- Later on, hit the Yes option to enable the application to make the mandatory changes.
- Afterwards, tap on the Next option to install it. Then, hit the Yes option for giving the consent to the terms mentioned in the License Agreement.
- You you are supposed to click on the Next option, followed by the Install option.
- After the successful installation, hit the Finish option.
- Furthermore, launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub, go to the Network issues tab, and opt for the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Resolution Method 7: Utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor to Rectify the QB Error 6131
- In the beginning, download and install the QuickBooks Tool hub from the official website of Intuit.
- After this, launch the QuickBooks File Doctor, hit the Browse button to pick the data file that is encountering the issue.
- If you don’t have any idea regarding the company file location, tap on the Search button.
- Thereon, tap on the highlighted “Diagnose File” button to initiate the scanning process.
- Based on the company file size and the complexity of the error, the scanning process might occupy some time.
- After successfully completing the scanning process, QuickBooks File Doctor will try to fix the issues.
So, with this, we end this post and hope you have enough details to rectify QuickBooks Error Code 6131, 0. If you couldn’t find any of the above-listed solutions worth it, you can consult with our professionals anytime via the live chat facility. Otherwise, you may also mail our professionals describing your query and get a quick resolution for the error.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What do you mean by Error 6131 in QuickBooks?
Ans. The QuickBooks Error Code 6131 mainly belongs to the 6XXX series of error that may occur when the users fail to access the company file. Sometimes, users may also end up with errors due to damage or corrupted .ND and .TLG files.
Q2. What is the reason behind the corrupted QuickBooks company file?
Ans. Sometimes, the users might find the corrupted in their QuickBooks company file due to the following reasons.
- Network-related issues.
- Damage in the .ND and .TLG files.
- Sometimes, it could happen due to the abrupt shutdown of the computer or due to a power failure.
- Virus or malicious activities might cause damage or corruption in data files.
Q3. Why Do I end up with QuickBooks Error Code 6131, 0?
Ans. The users might encounter QuickBooks Error Code 6131, 0 due to the following reasons, which are as follows;
- Corruption or damage in the company file.
- You have changed the original location of the data file.
- Corruption in the Windows Registry.
- Storage of system junk files.