QuickBooks is one of the most splendid and prominent software used for accounting tasks, payrolls, bank transactions, bills, taxes, etc., in small and mid-sized enterprises. It is also vulnerable to various technical errors. You might have faced the QuickBooks error code 80070057 and found it challenging to come out of it. Suppose you try to access company file in QuickBooks, you encounter this problem.
This error code demonstrates you are not allowed to delete files in QuickBooks. Before moving to troubleshoot solutions, you must acknowledge the probable symptoms in QuickBooks. To resolve it quickly, you must connect with the QuickBooks helpline number to troubleshoot it immediately.
Table of Contents
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 80070057
Check the following reasons when QuickBooks error 80070057 occurs in your QuickBooks desktop.
- When the company file is damaged suddenly, the error code can be recognized.
- The inappropriate parameter message displays on your computer screen.
- When the computer freezes, this factor takes place.
- Window repeatedly crashes or system crash response.
- Computers often damage, and users are not allowed to scrub company files.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 (The Parameter is Incorrect)
Suppose a user tries to access a company file from a workplace installed in another computer or server, the error code 80070057 takes place. Some reasons are listed below that direct to QuickBooks error 80070057.
- Wrong firewall and security settings can be one of the most prominent reasons.
- .ND file get crashed.
- Without accessing QuickBooks, you try to open a portable file.
- Crashed QuickBooks file.
- When the company file extension is changed, this error code occurs in your QuickBooks.
- If the file extensions are incorrect, this problem takes place.
- A third-party firewall is not synchronized with QuickBooks.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
Few troubleshooting steps are mentioned below to fix QuickBooks error 80070057.
Step-1 Access company file properly
When you access the company files properly, you can get rid of this error. The first step is to step access the company file correctly.
- The starting step is to access QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, select the company file.
- Now, press on Open option.
If the file is located on a remote system, learn how to access it properly.
Step-2 Shift the Company File to Default Location
If the company file is stored at a different location, you need to shift it to another site. The procedures are mentioned below.
- Firstly, shut your QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, browse the location of the company file.
- Do a right-click on the company file, followed by choosing the copy option.
- Search the default location and do a right-click on it and select paste. The address that needs to be chosen is C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files.
- Once finished with that, access QuickBooks desktop along with choose to get a company file.
- Choose local drives and then spot the company file name.
- Finally, select the correct company files and then press on Open.
If you are using a multi-user mode, make sure to share the files after they are shifted.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks error code 15104
Step-3 Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Suppose the above two methods won’t work for you; download and run the QuickBooks file doctor. The steps to install it are listed below.
- Firstly, shut down the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, download QuickBooks Tool Hub File and store it on the computer.
- Once finished with it, do a double-click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to access it. Follow on-screen instructions to install and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Next, do a double-click on the icon and access the QuickBooks tool hub.
- After this, choose the Company File issues tab.
- Choose the option “Run QuickBooks File Doctor”.
- Now, in File Doctor, choose the Company File from the drop-down menu.
- If you can’t find the Company file, then select Browse and locate the company file.
- After it, choose the Check Your File option and then press on Continue option.
- Going ahead, type QuickBooks admin password, followed by selecting the Next option.
- Finally, check QuickBooks and the Company File to examine whether the error is eliminated or not.
Step-4 Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop With A Latest Version
Update QuickBooks desktop with a new version to resolve the issue. Outdated software may lead to such errors further. The procedures involved to upgrade the QuickBooks desktop are given below.
- Firstly, go to the Help menu.
- Then, press on Upgrade QuickBooks.
- Next, locate the Upgrade Now tab and choose the Reset Upgrade option if you wish to delete the earlier upgrade downloads.
- Press at the Start QuickBooks option after choosing the Get Updates option.
- Finally, verify if the error is fixed or not.
Step-5 Verify the Company File Name Extension
Verify the company file name extension if none of the procedures is working for you. The steps are listed below.
- Do a right-click on the company file.
- After this, select the properties tab.
- Now, tap on the QuickBooks tab. Note down the file extension in the file name field and QuickBooks version in the last opened file.
- Finally, press the Ok button.
After reading the above troubleshooting procedures, if QuickBooks error code 80070057 is not sorted out, you must dial the customer support number to fix it instantly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the best location to store the Company file to avoid QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Ans. You must place the company file in the local storage of the system to prevent QuickBooks Error 80070057. However, if you wish to store the data file on an external storage device, check that it is connected properly.
Q2. What error messages do you get on the arrival of QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Ans. Below, we have listed different error messages you see on this error’s arrival.
- “The parameter is incorrect.”
- You do not have sufficient permissions.
- The parameter is incorrect, and you have insufficient permission to delete files.
Q3. What Do You Understand by QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Ans. Most often, the users might result in QuickBooks Error 80070057 while accessing the company file in QuickBooks. In other instances, it may also appear due to incorrect parameters in QuickBooks. In other words, it means the user doesn’t have enough permissions to remove the files from the specific folder.
Q4. Can firewall or antivirus software in your device evoke QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Ans. Yes, there might be certain instances when the antivirus software or firewall might give rise to QuickBooks Error 80070057. So, it is essential to fix the firewall or antivirus settings that enable the QuickBooks to operate properly.