QuickBooks is one of the most favoured accounting solutions that has a vast user base around the globe. However, a Query processing error is an unexpected error that can take place when using the Desktop or online version of the program. The error typically occurs when creating an invoice from within QuickBooks software. Technical issues are an inevitable part of using QuickBooks or any other software.
However, when the error occurs, you can look for the possible reasons behind the problem and eliminate them using relevant solutions. In this post, we will discuss the QuickBooks query processing error and fix it by applying the most effective methods. Let’s start!
How to Fix Query Processing Error QuickBooks?
When an unexpected error takes place in QuickBooks, you may not be able to proceed with an ongoing task. The query processing error in QuickBooks is also an unexpected error that occurs when creating an invoice in the program. You don’t need to worry at all. The steps discussed in this post can help you to override the technical hurdle caused due to the concerning error.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks To the Latest Release
QuickBooks updates are meant to resolve the known shortcomings of the program. It means that using the latest version of the program ensures that you are using the most error-free and efficient version of the program. Also, updating QuickBooks keeps its annoying technical errors at bay. To update:
- Press and hold the CTRL key and open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Thereafter, click on the Help icon to proceed further.
- Now click on the QuickBooks version.
- Move to the Update QuickBooks Window and click on Update.
- Here, you need to select the latest version of the QuickBooks program.
- Next, click on the Update option and wait until the update procedure finishes completely.
- In the end, close QuickBooks and check if the error is fixed.
Solution 2: Open A Sample File in QuickBooks
After updating QuickBooks, if the query processing error QuickBooks continues, open a sample file to resolve the problem:
- First of all, locate the QuickBooks icon on your device.
- Now press the CTRL key and double-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Don’t release the CTRL key until the No Company Open window appears on the screen.
- Moving ahead, click the No Company Open heading.
- Here, you need to choose one of the sample files and click Open.
After performing this series of actions, confirm if the error is fixed or not. If not, try the next procedure.
Solution 3: Open Your Company File from A Different Location
If you are able to open the company file from a different location, it means the folder containing the QuickBooks file is damaged. If not, it means the company file itself is damaged. To perform this test:
- First of all, you need to create a new folder on your Desktop and name it QBTEST.
- Thereafter, open the folder containing the QuickBooks company file and locate the file with the .QBW extension.
- Now click on the file to highlight it.
- Once highlighted, press CTRL + C together to copy the file.
- Now go to the newly created folder on the desktop and paste the company file by pressing CTRL + V keys together.
- Once done, launch QuickBooks and press the CTRL-key.
- Don’t release the key until the No Company Open appears.
- Moving ahead, click Open and browse your company file from its new location.
- Now try to open the company file to check if the QuickBooks query processing error is fixed.
If none of the solutions works, move to the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 4: Stop QuickBooks During Startup
Below are the steps that can help you in eliminating the QuickBooks query processing error:
- In the first place, press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Next, double-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Thereafter, you need to type your QuickBooks Password in the specified area.
- Once done, provide all the required information in the specified fields.
- Moving ahead, release the Alt key and click on the OK button.
- Now press and hold the Alt key and launch the menu on your screen.
- In the end, release the Alt Key after signing into your QuickBooks account.
Solution 5: Recreate the QuickBooks Company File
If none of the above solutions helps in troubleshooting query processing error QuickBooks, then try the below-given steps to recreate your company file. It can help if the company file is damaged.
- First thing first, open your QuickBooks application.
- Next, you need to go to the Company menu.
- After that, click on the Users option to move ahead.
- Here, you need to select the Set Up User & Roles.
- Locate the erroneous user files and then delete them.
- Navigate to the Account menu and click New and it will create a new user file.
- Enter the accurate login credentials – your username & password in the defined fields.
- Now set up Roles for the user.
- Once done, click OK to create a new user.
Read Also : Quickbooks error 1603
Solution 6: Turn Off UAC (User Account Control)
If the error continues to trouble you, check if turning off the User Account Control can help you in the error resolution:
- To start the procedure, terminate the running programs on your computer.
- Next, open the Control Panel window.
- Now click on the Search field and type User Account in the field.
- Click on the Change User Account Control option.
- After that, hit the Yes option on the same window.
- Proceeding further in this procedure, select the Never Notify and it will stop the notifications.
- Click OK and restart your computer.
- In the end, open and use the QuickBooks desktop software.
To End Things Off!
When using QuickBooks, you may encounter technical issues now and then. However, the important thing is that you don’t stick at them and resume your work after troubleshooting the errors. QuickBooks query processing error is an unexpected error in the QuickBooks program, that can obstruct an ongoing task in the program. The solutions described in this post can help you in the error resolution. If you want a more convenient option to get rid of this error, get in touch with experienced QuickBooks experts.