If you have been using QuickBooks for a long time, the desktop version of the program can give a “QuickBooks turned black and white” error. In this error, some of the white areas in the program appear black when the error occurs. Some users also report similar issues, such as a gray screen in the program, gray lines in invoices, missing logos, and various others.
Corruption in the system is one of the main reasons behind this error; however, several other possible factors may also bring forth this error. If QuickBooks Desktop fields display black instead of white, you need to perform the right troubleshooting solutions to get rid of this erroneous situation. Well! You don’t need to go anywhere else, as this post has covered it all for you.
Facing the QuickBooks black and white screen issue? Get instant help by dialling +1-855-603-0490.
Recent Post – How To Get Rid on QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working Error
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Black and White Screen Error
Now that you are aware of this error, it is time to know the possible factors that can promote this problem. The prolonged utilization of the QuickBooks application can bring forth the graying or blackening of the QuickBooks Desktop version of the software. Some of the main reasons behind this error are highlighted in the below-given list:
- Outdated drivers that are not anymore compatible with QuickBooks.
- Improperly configured screen resolution is also one of the possible reasons behind this error.
- When the latest updates are not installed for the QuickBooks software.
- Improperly optimized screen resolutions as per your specific needs.
- Other issues related to the system, such as damaged firmware, system memory, and graphics card, are some other possible reasons that can promote this error message on your screen.
Other Instances Of The Screen Display Issue
Some other instances of the screen display issue are specified in the below-given list:
- Improperly sized top right corner icon of the screen.
- The absence of buttons and the use of large fonts are also a symptom of the error.
- The unclear screen on maximization or minimization.
- Sometimes, you may also experience a blank page on the screen.
- Unfitted transaction form.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Turned Black and White Problem?
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the arrival of the error, let’s discuss some best troubleshooting solutions to eradicate this annoying problem:
Method 1: Run the Quick Fix my Program Tool Within The Tool Hub
In this troubleshooting method, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub in the first place. This utility enables users to run various tools to rectify the program issue. Below are the steps:
- From Intuit’s official website, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub in the first place.
- Once done, save the file to a suitable location and then run the downloaded file to install it on your system.
- Follow the instructions carefully to finish the installation, and once done, agree to the terms and conditions so that you can put it to use.
- Now from within the QuickBooks Tool Hub, you will see various issues listed in it.
- Here, you need to choose the Program Problems and then select Quick Fix My Program.
It may resolve the QuickBooks turned black and white error; however, if the error continues, move to the next solution.
Method 2: Update Video Card Drivers To The Latest Release
Outdated video card drivers are one of the main reasons behind the error, and to fix it, you need to update them. Below are the steps to get the task accomplished:
- Launch the Run window with Windows + R key to start the update procedure.
- In the specified Run box, type dxdiag without making an error.
- Next, click Enter and select Dialog 1. Jot down the Manufacturer/Model to move ahead.
- Finally, you can download the necessary updates to resolve the issue.
Also Read – How to Fix QuickBooks Error PS077
Method 3: Change Windows Theme to Basic For The Error Resolution
If none of the above solutions worked, check if changing the Windows theme to the basic can eliminate the persisting problem.
- Make a right-click on your desktop anywhere, and then click on Personalize option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select one of the Windows Basic Themes.
- After setting it to the theme to the basic, open QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks turned black and white issue is resolved or not.
If the error continues to trouble you, move to the next solution.
Method 4: Re-Register The QuickBooks Program File If Nothing Works
After the trial and error of the various solutions, you will have to re-register the QuickBooks program to eradicate the problem:
- Open the folder containing the QuickBooks Company file and right-click on the bat files.
- Next, you need to select Run as Administrator from the drop-down list.
- Here, ensure that you are running the Bat files with full Windows Administrator rights.
- You will now see a command window with the path of the file scrolling in it.
- Wait for the bat utility to complete, and then close the Window.
- Launch the QuickBooks and verify the status of the QuickBooks screen appears black instead of white.
Also Read – DIY Hacks to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1926
This post enlists some of the best solutions to resolve the QuickBooks black and white screen error. Hope you have resolved the error by implementing these solutions correctly. However, if the error still persists, some of the steps might not be rendered correctly. In such a case, you may seek professional assistance and get one-on-one assistance from a trained professional. They will help you troubleshoot the problem immediately.