QuickBooks is one of the best and most renowned accounting software that is widely used by various big and small businesses to simplify the hectic task of managing inventories, finances, cash flow, and many more. There was a time when accountants at different business enterprises were always drowning in heaps of documents related to finances, cash flow, and much more. But with the introduction of the best accounting software like QuickBooks, things got simplified in just a few clicks of the button. Are you also using the QuickBooks Software at your organization and don’t know how to print QuickBooks 1099 Forms and 1096 forms?
Unable to print QuickBooks 1099 and 1096 forms and looking for instant help? Give us a call at Toll Free+1-855-603-0490 without wasting your time and get your issue resolved under expert’s supervision.
If yes, then drop all your worries now as you are at the right place and the Experts can help you to resolve all your such issues in just a few clicks of the button. We have a team of experienced QuickBooks Experts who have in depth knowledge about QuickBooks and they have the ability to help the users to resolve all issues in real time.
Table of Contents
Step By Step Guide to Print 1099 & 1096 forms in QuickBooks
Before getting started with printing forms 1099 and 1096, we advise you to check if the vendor of your falls into the category of an independent contractor or not. If not, then here we are enlisting the steps that you can follow to set up your independent contractors.
Set up an Autonomous Contractor
- Step 1: Launch QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
- Step 2: Click on 1099 for Tax.
- Step 3: Select the company preferences Option.
- Step 4: Click Yes when “Do you file 1099-misc forms?” option.
- Step 5: Click on the OKAY option to save the settings or changes.
Add a Vendor in QuickBooks
To add a Vendor in the software, follow the listed below steps:
- Step 1: Open QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
- Step 2: Go to the Vendors option and click on vendors center.
- Step 3: Click on the drop down list and choose the New Vendor option.
- Step 4: Type the name of your vendor in the designated field and you will discover this in the Vendors Listing.
- Step 5: Fill all required details in the designated fields and click OKAY to save the details and add vendor successfully.
Set up Vendors to get 1099-MISC in QuickBooks
- Step 1: Open the Vendors option on your device.
- Step 2: Find the name of the Vendor and right click on that.
- Step 3: Click on the Edit Vendor option.
- Step 4: Click on the Address Info Tab and Verify the added details.
Guide to Set up expense account in QuickBooks Desktop for vendor payments
- Step 1: Click on the Edit option and select your preferences.
- Step 2: Click on the Tax: 1099 option available on the left side.
- Step 3: Click on the company preferences option.
- Step 4: In this step, click on the Yes option for 1099-MISC forms.
- Step 5: QuickBooks 1099 Wizard will pop up on your computer screen.
- Step 6: this way, the account will get listed in your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Step 7: Go to the Apply payments to this 1099 box section and click on the drop down option available there to choose the 1099-MISC box.
- Step 8: At the end, click on Save Option to save the changes and then close the tabs.
Things to Keep in Mind while 1099 forms for QuickBooks
- If you are enlisting an individual vendor, the name of the vendor should appear at all three places first name, middle name and family name.
- Input correct state abbreviation and postcode in the designated address field.
- If you know the company name but not the individual’s name, then it is advised to leave the company name box void.
- Select the Tax Setup option.
- Input tax obligation id number of the supplier in the designated field and then click Okay.
All Possible Situations depending on What’s Entered in 1099-MISC forms
- Both vendor’s name and company name hold that same value in QuickBooks Desktop
Result: 1099-MISC Form will contain both the Vendor Name and Company Name.
- If the vendor’s name is void and there is a value for the company name
Result: In the 1099-MISC Form, only the company name will appear.
- There is value for vendor’s name but Company Name is Void
Result: In the 1099-MISC Form, only the Vendor’s name will appear.
Step By Step Guide to Print the form 1099/1096
Here we are enlisting a step by step guide for the QuickBooks users so that they don’t face any issue or error while QuickBooks 1099 forms the printing process. So, what are you waiting for? If you are also facing the same issue, then follow each and every step one by one to get rid of all your troubles. So, let’s get started!
- Step 1: With the help of the QuickBooks Desktop 1099 wizard, verify the details of 1099.
- Step 2: Select the right method of filing and click on Print 1099s.
- Step 3: Click the OK option from the message.
- Step 4: Choose the range of date for the 1099s were paid from and click on the OK option.
- Step 5: Choose the form 1099 that you want to print and click on the print option.
- Step 6: Before printing, you can also check the preview to see the alignment of the document.
- Step 7: After checking the preview, click the Print 1096 button to print 1096.
In this post, we shared everything related to the procedure to Print Form 1099 and 1096 in QuickBooks Desktop. We hope that you received this post well and it helped you to address all your issues and concerns related to Print Form 1099 and 1096. For more such updates on QuickBooks, stay connected with us!