QuickBooks error 15104 mainly occurs when the user tries to update the QuickBooks desktop or payroll feature. There can be plenty of reasons for this error, but the common factor is a damaged or corrupted company file.
If you are also facing the QuickBooks error code 15104, this blog will be quite important for you. In this write-up, we will reveal the possible reasons behind the error, along with the tested solutions you can execute to deal efficiently with the error.
“Save your time, and get instant help in dealing with QuickBooks error 15104 by speaking live with our QuickBooks experts via call at +1-855-603-0490.”
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 15104
Given below is the list of the most common reasons why a user may encounter the QuickBooks error code 15104;
- Running the QuickBooks desktop accounting software in a single-user mode can lead to error code 15104.
- PC’s windows registry files are damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks installation files are incomplete or missing from the system.
- Incorrect internet explorer settings.
- Poor internet connection.
- Firewall settings have blocked QuickBooks from connecting with the online server.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15104
Let’s take a brief look at the methods that you can follow step-by-step to resolve QuickBooks error code 15104;
Method #1. Use Reboot.bat File
Here are the steps that you can follow to run the reboot.bat file to eliminate error code 15104 in QuickBooks;
- At first, you have to close the QuickBooks desktop application on your PC.
- After that, do a right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Next, click the “Properties” option, and select the “Open File Location” option.
- Moving ahead, as the file location opens on your device, you have to search for the file name with the reboot.bat file.
- After that, perform a right-click on the reboot.bat file and then select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- As the prompt window opens on your screen, click on the “Yes” option.
- Thereon, perform a restart of your PC, and launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
- After that, you will be prompted to install the updates. Therefore, click on the “Update Now” option.
Method #2 Run the System Restore Process
The next solution you can execute to eliminate QuickBooks error code 15104 is restoring the system to the previous mode. The system restore process can help you to fix various technical glitches, and error code 15104 in QuickBooks can be among them.
Given below are the steps that you can execute to restore the system;
- Firstly, you have to launch the System Restore Window on your device.
- Now, you have to search and click on the “Restore Point” option.
- After that, you must click on the “Scan” option for the affected programs tab.
- Complete the restore process by clicking on the “Next” and “Finish” options.
- At last, you must ensure that the system restore procedure will not affect your PC’s personal files.
Method #3. Run a Third-Party Cleaner Program
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to run a third-party cleaner program on your PC;
- Firstly, you must download and install the third-party cleaner software on your PC.
- Launch that software on your windows as you are done with the installation process.
- This application will perform a deep scan of your system, and if it finds any issue with the windows registry entry, it will be fixed automatically.
- Thereon, ensure that your system is backed up, and then perform a reboot of your device.
Once you are done with the steps mentioned above, launch the QuickBooks desktop application, and verify whether the QuickBooks error code 15104 has been terminated.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123
Method #4. Verify the QuickBooks Internet Connection Settings
Given below are the correct steps that you can execute to verify the QuickBooks internet connection settings on your device;
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks desktop application, and click on the “Help” menu option.
- Thereon, you have to click on the “Internet Connection Setup” option, and then you have to select the “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to make a connection.”
- After that, click on the “Next” option, and navigate to the Advanced connection settings.
- Thereon, click on the “Advanced” tab and then select the “Restore Advanced Settings” option.
- Once you complete the above steps, click on the “OK” and “Done” options.
- Thereon, try to update the QuickBooks desktop application to the latest release.
If you encounter the QuickBooks error code 15104, execute the next solution.
Method #5. Install the QuickBooks Digital Signature Certificate
Suppose the existing digital signature certificate has been deleted accidentally or is missing from your system. In that case, Intuit may face several technical glitches in locating the user’s software login credentials, which may even lead to QuickBooks error code 15104.
Therefore, in that scenario, you must re-install your device’s digital signature certificate for QuickBooks. To do that, given below are the steps that you can follow;
- First, you have to close the QuickBooks desktop application on your device.
- Thereon, open the Windows file explorer on your device by pressing the “Windows + E” keys together.
- Moving ahead, you have to move towards the “This PC”> “C: Drive.”
- After that, you have to move toward the QuickBooks folder and right-click on the file ending with the .exe extension.
- Followed by the above steps, you have to click on the “Properties” option and then select the “Digital Signature” tab.
- You must verify that Intuit is checked in the signature list and then move to the details section.
- Thereon, you have to click on the “View certificate” option, which is available under the Certificate Window, and then click on the “Install Certificate” option.
- Once you are done with the above steps, select the “Next” option, and as the “Finish” button appears, click on it.
- At last, perform a restart of your PC, and then launch the QuickBooks desktop application to download the new updates again.
Also Read – QuickBooks has stopped working
In a Nutshell
We hope that the solutions mentioned above in the blog has helped you eliminate the QuickBooks error code 15104. In case, if you are still facing the error, then we suggest you to get in touch with our highly trained QuickBooks experts. Our experts are available 24/7 around the clock to provide you with the best possible solutions to terminate the issue within less time. Send us your query now via mail at email@example.com.