Confronting the annoying technical issues while running the highly recommended accounting application might be problematic for the users as it may hamper their workflow. Similarly, users might get frustrated when they stumbled upon QuickBooks Error 6147 while trying to open their company or backup files. Usually, the users often confront this common company file error due to the damaged file or issues with the company file location.
The QuickBooks Error Code 6147 could cause a severe impact on the company file data and increase the risk of data security. During that stage, it is best to overcome the issue immediately using the appropriate troubleshooting methods. So, hurry up and get simple hacks to overcome this error to continue your ongoing business tasks seamlessly.
Do you want to know how to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147, as it is preventing you from accessing the data file? Call us at 1-855-603-0490 and consult with our highly-trained professionals to obtain a quick resolution to the query.
Table of Contents
What Do You Mean By QuickBooks Error Code 6147?
Whenever the users fail to open their QuickBooks company file or backup file due to QuickBooks Error Code 6147, it throws the following error message “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6147, 0).” This error lies under the 6000 series of errors, a company file error that might arise while accessing the data file.
The users often confront QuickBooks Error 6147 due to the misconfigured QuickBooks setup, network issues, or damage in the company file. However, if you are also struggling with the same error, you must instantly find a way to escape from this issue. But, before this, it is necessary to know the possible causes that may trigger this error below.
Why Do Users Get Stuck With Error 6147 QuickBooks?
Whenever the users get stuck with the error, the first thing that arises in the user’s mind is the causes behind this issue. Therefore, to familiarize yourself with the factors responsible for this error, you must look at the causes mentioned below.
- Users might sometimes see this error when restoring a QuickBooks backup file through an external drive or network.
- In another case, it may happen when the name of the QuickBooks company is too long.
- You are not using the QuickBooks Desktop version compatible with your operating device.
- There might be the possibility that the Windows Firewall is preventing the users from accessing the QuickBooks company file.
- Changing the original company file location could be the reason responsible for the error.
What Are the Consequences of Encountering QuickBooks Company File Error 6147?
Following are the signs and symptoms that will help you determine the occurrence of QuickBooks Company File Error 6147. So, let’s start reading the pointers below to resolve the issue efficiently.
- The users may discover they won’t be able to open their company or backup files in QuickBooks.
- Another major difficulty for the users is the inability to access the QuickBooks company file, preventing them from performing their day-to-day business operations.
- Upon the arrival of the QuickBooks Error Code 6147, users might face the continuous freezing of the QuickBooks application.
- In other instances, you may experience that the active program window began to crash.
Best Effective Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Error Message 6147, 0
Are you still having difficulty accessing the data file due to the flashing QuickBooks Error Message 6147, 0 on your screen? If that’s the situation, you must no longer worry and follow the resolution methods described below to overcome the issue.
Resolution Way 1: Review the Location of Your QuickBooks Company File
Sometimes, the issues with the company file location are the reason that might lead to QuickBooks Company File Error 6147. Therefore, to overcome such issues, it is best to change the review location to spot whether the issue is with the data file or the file location. Use the steps instructed below to do the same.
- You must launch the QuickBooks application on your device to start the process.
- Afterwards, hit the F2 key on your keyboard to bring up the Product Information window.
- In the next step, write down the company file location from the File Information section.
- Thereon, navigate to the Company File location and check that your data file is in the QuickBooks folder. If you don’t get the file, look for it from the Search Programs and Files search column.
- In the next step, include “.qbw” in the search area, and once the system showcases all the files having .qbw file extensions, right-click on it. Furthermore, tap the Open File Location option.
- At last, shift the company file to the designated folder and try to launch the QuickBooks application again.
Resolution Way 2: Repair the Damaged .ND and .TLG files By Renaming Both Files
Go through the following instructions to change the name of the .ND and .TLG files to fix the damage in both files.
- To change the name of the configuration files, access the folder that contains the QuickBooks company file.
- In the next step, navigate to the folder having .ND and .TLG files. You will spot that it would have the exact name as your company file contains.
- Afterwards, right-click on the .TLG and .ND files one by one and tap the highlighted Rename option.
- Now, you must give a new name to your file by including .OLD at the end of the file name. Doing so will help you easily find the newly generated folder.
- End the process by restoring the file and opening the QuickBooks application again.
Resolution Way 3: Restore the Copy of the Backup QuickBooks Company File on the Local Computer
You must go through the following steps to save the copy of the backup company file on your local computer. Thus, it would help the users keep their data safe even if the original one gets hampered due to technical hiccups like QuickBooks Error 6147.
- Primarily, move to the QuickBooks File menu and hover your cursor over the Utilities option from the list of options available.
- Now, you must ensure the “Host with a multi-user mode” option is available. If it’s available, hit the Yes button and then click Yes again to proceed.
- Afterwards, you must restore the backup company and choose the Backup File from your local backup option.
- In the next step, you must verify that the company file path link won’t contain characters more than 210. If it exceeds the word limit, you must change the company file’s name and try to import it.
- End the process by connecting and sending the file with the help of the QuickBooks data service team.
Resolution Way 4: Fix The Company File Issues With the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- To run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, verify that you have installed the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version. If not, download the latest one and install it on your device.
- After this, double-tap on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and tap the Company File Issues tab. Next, you must locate and hit the Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Thereon, pick the company file with QuickBooks Error 6147 and choose the Check Your File > Continue option.
- End the process by correctly adding the QuickBooks admin password and hitting the Next button.
Winding It Up!!
We hope you can now easily figure out the QuickBooks Error 6147 with the help of the resolution methods explained in this post. If you are chasing while accessing the data file, check your internet connection or consult with our professionals instantly. They will offer useful tips to overcome the issue within the shortest time possible.
Ans. Sometimes, the users can’t access the data file when the background processes are interrupted. Thus, it might lead to QuickBooks Error 6147. Therefore, to fix it, use the steps below and end the tasks.
- Firstly, you must hit the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to bring up the Task Manager on your device.
- After this, go to the Users tab, which will present you with all the background processes.
- Thereon, you must highlight all the processes, including QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe.
- Thereon, choose the End Task button to close all unwanted processes.
Ques 2: What should I do now if the above troubleshooting methods can't fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147?
Ans. If you fail to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6147, you must not worry anymore and get assistance from our QuickBooks experts. They are available round the clock to guide you in the best possible manner.
Ans. Before you fix the QuickBooks Company File Error 6147, you must ensure you have generated a duplicate copy of the company file. Moreover, verify your stable internet connection using the updated QuickBooks and Windows versions. Above all, check that you have given enough permissions to Windows Firewall for accessing the QuickBooks data file. Otherwise, it may create issues while launching it.
Ans. When the users get stuck with Error 6147 QuickBooks, they won’t be able to access their data or backup files anymore. Eventually, it would lead to delays in their ongoing business task and may increase the chance of data loss or corruption. As a result, it may hamper productivity, greatly impacting the company’s financial status.
Ans. Upon the arrival of QuickBooks Error 6147 will be unable to open their QuickBooks company file data. Sometimes, the sudden freeze of the QuickBooks application due to this error might shut down the system without saving the data. As a result, it might lead to data loss, and the users might lose their sensitive company data.