Mostly, the users might strike QuickBooks Fatal Error while trying to install a program update QuickBooks Desktop POS. In other instances, you might also confront this error while attempting to edit a company file or while restoring a file backup. Whenever this error occurs, it hampers the smooth working process and leads to delays in the ongoing activity.
However, resolving the QuickBooks fatal error is very important to resume your work seamlessly. This post will provide you with all the essential details regarding the Fatal error, including reasons that lead to the error, symptoms and the troubleshooting solutions.
Hunting for a simple resolution to tackle QuickBooks Fatal Error? Contact us at @+1-855-603-0490 and get immediate assistance from our professionals to overcome the issue right away.
Factors That Are Responsible For QuickBooks Fatal Error When Installing
The users must require a software installer file and a setup file whenever they install any software. If the users face difficulty accessing any of these files, they might end up with a QuickBooks Fatal Error.
Apart from this, there are a multitude of other factors that are responsible for the error. Check them out.
- Sometimes, it may occur due to damage in the QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale installation file.
- Damage or corruption in QuickBooks components may also be responsible.
- Using an obsolete version of QuickBooks Desktop or Windows operating system.
- It may evoke due to the issues with the data integrity of the company file.
- In certain instances, sudden power outages may also damage the files on which you are working.
- The data or program code may be damaged and needs to be repaired.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Banking Error OL-334
How Can You Identify the Occurrence of QuickBooks Fatal Error?
The process of troubleshooting becomes more convenient if you identify it in the earlier stage. Also, it will help you save the data and also helps in keeping the error damage to the minimum.
Below we have stated all the signs and symptoms using which you can easily recognize this error; read them attentively.
- You may experience your company file getting locked while working on it.
- It may occur when you use an incompatible QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Sometimes, it may occur when Microsoft NET 1.1 SP1 installer isn’t working appropriately.
- There might be the possibility that the Windows Temp folder is packed.
Step-By-Step Guidelines to Figure Out QuickBooks Fatal Error
After knowing the causes behind the QuickBooks Fatal error, it’s time to look into the quick troubleshooting solutions to resolve the issue. Read the complete set of solutions described below attentively and apply them as per the cause of the error.
1st Resolution Method: Use The External Patch to Update QuickBooks Desktop POS
- Simultaneously, you must hit the Ctrl+ Alt +Del keys to launch the Task Manager on your screen.
- In the following window, move to the Processes tab and look for QBPOSShell.exe, QBPOSDBService.exe, and QBPOS.exe processes.
- Afterwards, right-click on each of the processes one by one and opt for the End Task option.
- Next, hit the Yes option for confirmation and then proceed further.
- After exiting all the processes, hit the Windows + R keys together and input “services.msc”.
- Now, look for the QBPOS Database Service Manager Service, and right-click on it to opt for the Stop option.
- Move to location C: > ProgramData > Intuit > QuickBooks Point of Sale XX > UPDATE. Later on, hit the Ctrl + A keys together to pick all the files from the folder.
- Thereafter, choosing all the files, you must select the Delete option followed by Yes.
- Finally, try to install the QuickBooks POS once again, and if you are still encountering the same issue, proceed to the next resolution method.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15212
2nd Resolution Method: Get Your Windows Installer File Repaired
- Firstly, hit the Windows + R keys together and insert “services.msc” within the search column.
- Click on the OK button and then look for the Windows Installer from the list of available services.
- Soon after this, right-click on the service and select the Properties option.
- Head towards the Startup Type drop-down list and pick the Manual option followed by OK.
- Now, right-click on the service and choose the Start option from the left-side menu.
- Next, use the official link to download the Windows Installer Update installer file.
- Once the file is downloaded successfully, access the download folder and install it by following the instructions on-screen.
- Lastly, try to install the QBPOS again on your device and verify if the error still exists.
3rd Resolution Method: Executing the QuickBooks POS Clean Installation
- To begin with, reach the official website of Intuit using a safe web browser.
- Afterwards, download the most recent version of the POS installation file.
- Next, proceed further with the installation process by tapping on the installation file twice.
- Finally, accomplish the installation task by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error H303
With this, we end this post and ensure that you may find this post worth reading. Also, we hope the above-listed solutions helped you tackle the QuickBooks Fatal error. If you are still having any sort of issues while installing QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, then connect with our experts through email or live chat. You will get a simple resolution to your query regarding the issue within the least time applicable.