Getting QuickBooks error 6000 832 when opening your data file? It is another error related to the error code series 6000, which depicts different issues related to the access of the QuickBooks company file. The error predominantly occurs due to possible damage or corruption in the company file. Damaged network file is also one of the main reasons behind error code 6000 832 in QuickBooks. When the error occurs, you may not be able to access your financial data, which eventually hampers your workflow. Worry not! Applying a few simple solutions can eliminate the error and let you open your company data. Let’s find those solutions!
QuickBooks Error Message 6000 832
When the error occurs, you will see an error message on your screen that reads –
We’re Sorry! QuickBooks encountered a problem.
Error Codes: (6000, -832)
The error message describes further the error and tells hoe you can get rid of the error. However, the solutions are not always helpful and you need to find the possible reasons behind the error. Once you know the possible issues, the troubleshooting becomes easier.
What Causes Error 6000 832 When Opening Your Company File
There are multiple factors that can lead to an error when opening your company file. Improperly configured file hosting is an apparent reason behind the error. However, several other factors can also be credited to evoke QuickBooks error 6000 832, as mentioned in the below-given list:
• When the company file is already in use in the network.
• Improper installation of the QuickBooks software.
• Your anti-virus or Firewall settings can block QuickBooks company files due to security concerns.
• An erroneous file extension of the company file you are trying to access.
• When the file is hosted by more than one computer in the network.
• If the network server permissions are not correct.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 832
When the problem occurs, you may experience the below-given symptoms:
• QuickBooks error message appears on the screen with the error code 6000, -832.
• You may not be able to open your financial data.
• Sluggish performance of your computer.
• You need to resolve the error in order to get back to your financial records.
Solution 1: Rename .ND & .TLG Files
As we have seen that a damaged network data (.ND) file can cause QuickBooks error 6000 832. Therefore, you need to rename your network data file to fix the damage and access the company file in the network. Besides, you also need to rename your transaction log file.
Note: Before renaming the files, make sure that the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is turned on.
• Open the folder containing the QuickBooks company file.
• Now, locate the file having extensions .ND and .TLG.
• Next, right-click on .ND file and select Rename from the drop-down list.
• After that, add .OLD at the end of the file name, so that it looks like Companyfilename.nd.old.After renaming the network data (.ND) file, perform the same procedure for the Transaction Log (.TLG) file to make it Companyfilename.tlg.old.
After renaming the files, try to open your company file in the network. If the error persists, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks To the Latest Maintenance Release
A maintenance release, also known as the update in QuickBooks resolves all the known issues in the software and makes it less prone to errors. To update QuickBooks:
• Close QuickBooks in the first place to start the procedure.
• Now go to the QuickBooks icon, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator from the drop-down list.
• From within the No Company Open screen, click the Help menu option.
• Next, select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
• When the Options tab opens, checkmark the box for Mark All.
• After that, hit the Save button to proceed further.
• Select Update Now and mark the Reset Update box.
• You will now see the available updates on your screen. Click Get Updates and download it.
• Now close QuickBooks software and then reopen it.
• Confirm you want to install the updates and wait until the latest release of the QuickBooks software is installed on your program.
Solution 3: Open A Sample Company File
If you are not able to open your company file in a multi-user environment, open a sample file by following the below-given steps:
• Locate and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your Desktop.
• Next, press and hold the CTRL key and click Run as Administrator.
• When you see the No Company window on your screen, release the CTRL-key.
• Now select Open a Sample File.
• In the end, select the file from the list of the sample QuickBooks files.
Get Professional Assistance in Resolving QuickBooks Error 6000 832
It is not sure that applying the common troubleshooting solutions will resolve the company file access error. Not all users are so tech-savvy to resolve the technical issues in QuickBooks on their own. However, you may dial our QuickBooks error helpline number to get in touch with experienced QuickBooks technicians and explain your issue. They will guide you through a simple error-resolution process.