The QuickBooks unrecoverable error may sound intimidating to the users; however, applying the right solutions can resolve this error. Technical issues are common in the program, and you can’t escape them. The unrecoverable error in QuickBooks is also an annoying issue that needs to be resolved immediately. If not, it can affect your accounting management tasks. Various possible reasons can cause an unrecoverable error in QuickBooks Desktop software. This post describes their possible reasons and some of the best solutions to fix the problem. Let’s find out!
“Are you hunting for instant help to rectify QuickBooks Unrecoverable error? If yes, then we recommend you to connect with our professionals at @ 1855-603-0490 and obtain a quick resolution for the query.”
What Is QuickBooks Desktop Unrecoverable Error?
QuickBooks unrecoverable error can take place when performing different tasks in the application, such as opening data files or clicking on save, print or ship icons. The error occurs with a text message that says-
QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Since there is no fixed step when the error occurs, the perplexing nature of this QuickBooks problem makes it more annoying. However, following a few relevant solutions can help you get rid of the problem. Before that, you need to dig out for its possible reasons.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Gmail Not Working Problem
Possible Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Below are some of the main possible reasons behind the error:
- The Windows OS you are using is outdated or the QuickBooks program itself is outdated.
- Damage to the company data can also be a possible reason behind the error.
- The error also emphasizes the need to repair the damaged data in QuickBooks.
- Sometimes, it can be your machine causing the error when running the QuickBooks application.
How to Identify QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Codes?
Unrecoverable error in QuickBooks gives various symptoms once it takes place. Check below:
- The active program window crashes when attaching a file, sending an email, or performing some other task.
- You may not be able to save a transaction in the QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks freezes and you are prompted to close the window.
- Trouble in saving transactions in your company’s data file.
- QuickBooks update takes too long to start or fails.
Varied QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Codes
There is a myriad of error codes you may see when the concerning error takes place in the program:
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
You can troubleshoot the error by following the below-given solutions with full attention:
Solution 1: Prevent QuickBooks From Opening Multiple Windows At Startup
Sometimes, QuickBooks opens multiple windows upon launching, which gives rise to the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. To prevent the error, you need to stop QuickBooks from opening different Windows. Check the below-given steps:
- Press theAlt key and at the same time double-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Next, enter the user password when you are prompted to do so.
- When the file opens, you need to hit the Alt key once again.
- Let the file open completely and then release the ALT key to finish the task.
The above-given steps will prevent QuickBooks from opening multiple windows at the same time, thereby preventing QuickBooks from unrecoverable errors.
Solution 2: Get Admin Rights By Creating a New Admin User on Windows
The error can also take place due to insufficient admin rights. To overcome this problem, you need to create a new Windows admin user and perform the erroneous task with the full administrator right:
- Tap the Start option on your Windows Desktop.
- Next, opt for Settings and then click the Accounts section.
- In the next step, select Family & other users.
- Now, make the selection of Add someone else to this PC option.
- Moving ahead, click on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information option.
- Once done, make click on Add a user without a Microsoft account that appears on the next page.
- Thereafter, type User Name and Password in the specified areas.
- For your password security, you may select Password hint or even the Security questions.
- Now end the task by clicking on the Next button.
Solution 3: Utilize QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR) Tool
QuickBooks ADR Tool is an incredible utility in the program that helps users retain their lost or accidentally deleted accounting data. It is one of the fastest and most convenient ways to recover your lost data due to QuickBooks unrecoverable error. However, when using this application, you need to make sure that you are using the latest version of the program. If not, you may not be able to use the ADR tool for smooth data recovery. Auto Data Recovery tool in QuickBooks utilizes Network Data (.ND) and Transaction Log (.TLG) files. These files are located in the same folder that contains the primary data (.QBW) file.
Solution 4: Try Opening QuickBooks From A Different Location
If you are getting a QuickBooks unrecoverable error code when opening your company file, try to open it from a different location. If the folder containing the company file is damaged, this solution can be helpful for you. Below are the steps:
- Go to your computer’s Desktop, create a new folder and name it QBTEST.
- Now go to the folder containing the QuickBooks company file.
- Locate and right-click on the QuickBooks company file having extension .QBW.
- When the drop-down menu appears on right-clicking, select Copy.
- Now back to the QBTEST folder that you have created, right-click on it and select Paste from the drop-down menu.
- Now try to open the company file from this new location.
The solutions described in this post can help you in troubleshooting the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. However, if you find these troubleshooting solutions a bit complicated and need technical assistance to resolve it. In that scenario, you can get in touch with us using our chat or email options. We will help you with the assured satisfaction of your queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the common situations in which the QuickBooks unrecoverable error arises?
A: The most common scenarios in which the QuickBooks unrecoverable error arises are as follows:
- Closing the QuickBooks company file.
- While creating a backup of QuickBooks company’s file.
- Downloading the latest payroll updates.
- Saving a new transaction.
2. How can I disable QuickBooks from opening all windows during the startup?
A: Follow the given steps:-
- First, press and hold the “Alt” key on your keyboard and perform a double click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Once the dialog box appears on the screen, release the “Alt” key and provide the account’s login password.
- Next, click on the “OK” option, and once the application is working, press the “Alt” key again.
- Then release the “Alt” key to get the process completed.
3. How can I repair the corrupted file in QuickBooks Desktop?
A: To repair the corrupted file:-
- Firstly, go to the “File” menu and click on the “Utilities and Rebuild Data” option.
- Then click on the “OK” option and select the location to save the backup file.
- Now, again click on the “OK” option and navigate to the “File”> “Utilities” option.
- At last, click on the “Verify Data This Time” option.
4. How do I rebuild the QuickBooks desktop company’s file?
A: The Rebuilt data tool is a QuickBooks desktop in-built feature that automatically fixes issues related to the company’s file.
- For using the rebuilt data tool, navigate to the “File” menu and then click on the “Utilities” option.
- Thereon, select the “Rebuilt Data” option.
- At last, a pop window will appear on the screen, then click on the “OK” option.